Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #231
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 31st - APRIL 6th!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
most folks swear by pizza and sex! They just come right out and say it..." You know what you need to do? Eat pizza and have sex!".
Now you've got me rethinking the chili I was planning to make for supper Of course, I'd also then need to touch/get close to DH - and I am not in the mood for that lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Dh is about 2 hrs away today--he is actually in the town we are moving to. He has meetings so if anything starts happening I have to call him. He has already called me 3 times this morning lol! I think I will be ok today--it is tomorrow I am worried about.
baby will wait for the grandparents to get there!!!
I keep thinking - what if something happens today/tonight?! I haven't gotten groceries in... shoot... it'll be 3 weeks tomorrow! There's really not much for meals left in the house, even scrounging-through-the-cupboards-throw-this-together ones! Poor DH and the kids would be hard pressed if I don't get out for groceries tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
Interestingly, our DD was originally given as 4-25, but I was looking at the paperwork given to us this wk which I usually just toss and it had DD as 4-20. Which makes more sense because every Saturday marks a new wk, making 4-20 week 40.

I know it doesn't really matter much but it makes it seem so much sooner for some reason now.
Hey, I know exactly what you mean - my LMP EDD is the 14th. That's what I go by when talking or moving my ticker. But my u/s showed Hiccup 4 days large, putting my EDD as the 10th - and then I realized that with only 25d cycles instead of 28d ones, that u/s may be right - and then I freaked out a bit, cuz 4 days, half a week, suddenly seems like a HUGE jump in time!!! So, I'm back to ignoring that and just going by the 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Im totally with ya on temps. It suppose to be super nice today after three days of rain! Dh needs to take the kids to the park!! Well, i should go too and soak up some rays. Ive been weepy for a couple days.....even with my placenta pills.

His latch was good, but now its lazy so im back to using my shield:/
Oh - GO!!!!! Please!!! For me?!!! I'd LOVE to be able to be outside with DS3, tidying up the yard and just being outside.

Don't let him get away with latching lazy! Keep popping him off and make him relatch right - again, yes, he'll be pissed off at that. But it's for the best - both for you, and for him nursing effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
Oh goodness... I think Elena and I would be pumped if it would rain! They are calling for more snow today!
I'm so stinkin' over the snow and cold. Seriously, I could just
And even in the long term forecast, they keep pushing when it'll get warm - they always have it 1.5 weeks out from today - but it never gets closer, just always stays 1.5 weeks away.
Between stress and hormones and SAD, I really need this to be over. At least seasonal - which would put us at 50 instead of 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow. I don't think baby will be here before then, and I've said all along that I'd have another late baby. Not much happening at all but DH should be finished with the bedroom today!
Happy-almost-EDD! Baby could still be exactly on time and come tomorrow?!

for the bedroom for you! I've been keeping my hopes up for the room here, but I really don't think it's going to get done before Hiccup comes - which also means I can't clean up downstairs at all, and the kids still have no playroom... along with all the bedrooms being full up here still.
I'm really disappointed in DH, that he doesn't seem to get the urgency, that he won't work hard on this. I don't know if he's just nervous about everything or just ignoring the situation, but I'm getting very frustrated with it all and that's not helping my mood either!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #232
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
TMI: Called my doc about this hemorrhoid. Based on Dr. Google I think it may be an external thrombosed one.... its about the size of a dime and has a dark spot on it :/ The witch hazel is still helping but not enough. I think I need a donut, since I'm mostly sit on my butt nursing!
OMGoodness, mama That sounds so horrid and painful. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this pp. I hope they can get you feeling better and pain-free really soon.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #233
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Happy-almost-EDD! Baby could still be exactly on time and come tomorrow?!

for the bedroom for you! I've been keeping my hopes up for the room here, but I really don't think it's going to get done before Hiccup comes - which also means I can't clean up downstairs at all, and the kids still have no playroom... along with all the bedrooms being full up here still.
I'm really disappointed in DH, that he doesn't seem to get the urgency, that he won't work hard on this. I don't know if he's just nervous about everything or just ignoring the situation, but I'm getting very frustrated with it all and that's not helping my mood either!
Baby could still come today or tomorrow.

I hope your DH gets on it. I know how you feel. Our girls' toys are all over the living room, and it's driving me nuts that I can't get it cleaned up. But with no bedroom, nowhere for toys to go.

Quote:
TMI: Called my doc about this hemorrhoid. Based on Dr. Google I think it may be an external thrombosed one.... its about the size of a dime and has a dark spot on it :/ The witch hazel is still helping but not enough. I think I need a donut, since I'm mostly sit on my butt nursing!

Glad Ben is at least eating even if he's being lazy!!
Owww! A donut definitely sounds like it would be helpful. Crossing my fingers that it heals up soon for you!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #234
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:

Glad Ben is at least eating even if he's being lazy!!
Booooo. Ive never looked at mine, but its doing much better. Hope yours heals fast. Do you have a boppy? Coukd sit on that
Old 04-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #235
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I want to sell my kids

Ds5 is hateful and violent with his sister. Dd2 is stubborn and independent and refuses to wear a diaper, but refuses to use the potty>.<

Im going nuts. I just dont like either one. Ds will hit, beat dd over very little. No amt od discipline deters him. Its breaking my heart.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #236
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I want to sell my kids

Ds5 is hateful and violent with his sister. Dd2 is stubborn and independent and refuses to wear a diaper, but refuses to use the potty>.<

Im going nuts. I just dont like either one. Ds will hit, beat dd over very little. No amt od discipline deters him. Its breaking my heart.
I'm sorry. Was your DS like that before baby arrived, or has he just started acting that way?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #237
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I want to sell my kids

Man, Cecili, I'm with you there. I have just had a horrid time lately with our older kids. I honestly can't stand being around them - I realized this yesterday. I had thought I was feeling stress over the renos and Hiccup coming, which I am, and that's why I needed to get away the other day, but yesterday I was feeling fine all day with DS3 - as soon as the older kids got home I wanted to run away. They fight, they argue, they act completely inappropriately for being in the house, and they set horrible examples for DS3. I'm fine with him all day long, he's a really good kid, and then they come home and he's hellish just like them.
I hate saying this stuff, I know I sound like a horrid mom - and I do feel that way - but it's true.
I'm bouncing back and forth between wanting Hiccup here, and wanting him to stay in as long as possible so I don't need to have him here while dealing with the older kids' crap.

It sounds like your LOs are acting out cuz of the stress of a new baby If DS1 is rotten to DD, can you send him to his room for a while - tell him he has to be away from her until he chooses to act nicely?
Are you making DD clean herself (and whatever mess there is) up when she's not wearing a diaper and not pottying? If she's really not willing to try pottying, I'd force her into diapers.
When we got to a point of needing DD out of diapers, we ended up having to wash her off after every not-accident with only cold water. It was terrible, but it only took a couple times of each of us doing it and "suddenly" she was potty-trained. She was just that stubborn.

I do think we all have days like that. But it's really hard when they never seem to stop coming.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #238
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My kids are on my last nerve too!!! DD2 has always been stubborn, but it's tripled since baby came home. DD1 is being a whiny PITA too!! It's fine with just one, but when they're together its insane!

I never even thought of sitting on my boppy. It's just in the closet since I got a different pillow so I totally could! Started taking fiber and increasing my water intake too. If it is a thrombosis it could potentially take weeks to heal... ugh!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #239
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Sigh i feel guilty i just can't keep up with everyone's goings on.

But YES.... I finally got Gray to latch on the side he was refusing. Tried a breast shield and on he went. Finally. Wow feeding is so much simpler when I can skip the pump after.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #240
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kendall--AWESOME!!!!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote