Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #271
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I had contractions start and stop for 3 days before Alie came. Its just different for everyone!

AFM: Hemorrhoid pain has backed off a lot, especially since I've been using my boppy as a donut! (Thank you whoever suggested that!!!) Which is good cuz now I'm bleeding so no direct pain relief creams. :/ Apparently the first 48-72 hours are the worst.

Alie is taking her lunchtime nap in her swing!!! First time I've tried it. She nursed and we played for a bit and she was happy but drowsy so decided to chance it. Gave me time to clean the house for DD1s small birthday party today. DD2 has been sitting on her bed for an hour refusing to nap. At least she's resting. And I totally forgot about that random full burning sensation you get when it's been awhile since they've nursed. Ouch!

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #272
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

So in each of your personal experiences, what differences did you feel in cramps, bhs, and true contractions? I've been cramping on and off , but am wondering if they are actually bhs? They remind me of menustral cramps. Just wish I knew what was going on lol. Not expecting to go into labor anytime soon, but curious as to if I'll actually know what I am feeling when they first start.

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #273
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010 View Post
So in each of your personal experiences, what differences did you feel in cramps, bhs, and true contractions? I've been cramping on and off , but am wondering if they are actually bhs? They remind me of menustral cramps. Just wish I knew what was going on lol. Not expecting to go into labor anytime soon, but curious as to if I'll actually know what I am feeling when they first start.
I had bh ctx the whole pg, i did get menstrsl type cramps at night for a few nights before labor started. The night i had ben, i had stronger menstral,type cramps that made me poo alot!!! Then ctx started fast and furious. Same for when i had dd.

So, soooo glad the boppy is working!!!! That makes me happy!! Hope the party is a special treat!!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #274
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 31st - APRIL 6th!!!

Quote:
with DD, I only ever got painless braxton hicks contractions/tightenings. After my water broke, it took me awhile to figure out when I started contracting because I didn't expect back labor. I was just like 'man, my back is really hurting' and then I was like 'ohhh........'

with this baby, I have gotten painless braxton hicks contractions/tightenings pretty constantly since maybe even the first trimester. Still getting them. I have started getting the menstrual type real cramps from time to time and I sorta forget what they are because they're so inconsistent. I'll be like 'whoa, my stomach doesn't feel well' and then be reminded 'oh right.....'.

Really, identifying when 'labor starts' is something you do after the fact. Even in full blown labor.. because you can never REALLY know until you start timing or they're the type that knock you off your butt from the getgo. Then it's easy to look back and be like 'oh... okay, I was contracting earlier, but they just weren't strong yet' or whatever. Unless, of course, they really do start at an intense level right off the bat.. and then, well.. just start timing them. and you'll know.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #275
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
My dd holding ben this am<3

Attachment 139360

Last edited by momneedssupport; 06-05-2013 at 11:28 AM.
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #276
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

so sweet Cecili! I cannot wait until DD realizes what it REALLY means to be a big sister
Old 04-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #277
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Cramps just felt, well, crampy, but my whole uterus wouldn't be tight. BHs felt like a muscle being flexed. I could feel the tightening like flexing my abs, my whole stomach would get hard, any pain felt like it was from what was being tightened AROUND, if that makes sense, like squeezing the baby. Real contractions got more intense until they peaked, and were a burning sensation spreading across my lower abdomen. I also had back labor, so its like an intensifying band of fire around my lower back too.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #278
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have to laugh.

I just have to.

so, first, I don't want baby to come until after Easter because I want Easter with DD.
Then, I have to pray baby doesn't come until after DH isn't sick anymore, because I need his support during labor.
and then... I am hoping baby doesn't come because it's been raining for days and the hwy to Boise is well known for accidents in bad weather (DH thinks it's an irrational fear, but an air force mom has rolled over and died since we've lived here - and he's the one who told me it had the most accidents of any road in ID).

I stopped my treadmill walk short with the idea I'd go outside and walk curbs for a little bit. Got outside and it started raining on me. Now it's really coming down.

it's just all so comical to me. Who has so many things where they're all 'please don't let me go into labor until this', back to back to back?? I mean, really?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #279
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was adamant that I wasn't going to have baby yesterday because it's DH nephews bday and I hate bday sharing. But he has been stubborn this whole pregnancy so I should have known. The weather was amazing yesterday and I was glad to labor outside for a lot of it.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #280
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Interesting about everyone's labors and how ctx start. I've been wondering too since I was induced with DS and never felt anything until then.
Today we walked the mall and Ikea for 4 hours. I got nursing pj's for only $10 on clearance at Motherhood! I really don't 'need' any but figured for that price I can be cute and matching in the hospital atleast now we're having Chinese then heading home, our last child-less night since DS comes home tomorrow! DSD comes home Monday morning. It's been nice but I miss them!