Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #281
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 31st - APRIL 6th!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
AFM: Hemorrhoid pain has backed off a lot, especially since I've been using my boppy as a donut! (Thank you whoever suggested that!!!) Which is good cuz now I'm bleeding so no direct pain relief creams. :/ Apparently the first 48-72 hours are the worst.

And I totally forgot about that random full burning sensation you get when it's been awhile since they've nursed. Ouch!
I'm so glad you're getting some relief, even if only a little, from them. Man, I just don't even want to imagine!
And yes, engorgement is OUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010 View Post
So in each of your personal experiences, what differences did you feel in cramps, bhs, and true contractions? I've been cramping on and off , but am wondering if they are actually bhs?
They definitely could be, but it's hard to tell. Everyone seems to feel or describe BHs differently.
I can feel my whole belly getting hard and it's always very uncomfortable, if not painful. They seem to just come, all at once, if that makes sense.
My real labor contractions seem to come on more slowly - start with my lower belly, then move all over my belly and wrap around to my lower back/hips... where it's excruciating. Ugh. Back labor is tough as heck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
My dd holding ben this am<3
She looks so happy! Ben looks a little scared, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Cramps just felt, well, crampy, but my whole uterus wouldn't be tight. BHs felt like a muscle being flexed. I could feel the tightening like flexing my abs, my whole stomach would get hard, any pain felt like it was from what was being tightened AROUND, if that makes sense, like squeezing the baby. Real contractions got more intense until they peaked, and were a burning sensation spreading across my lower abdomen. I also had back labor, so its like an intensifying band of fire around my lower back too.
Yeah, that's a good description too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I got nursing pj's for only $10 on clearance at Motherhood! I really don't 'need' any but figured for that price I can be cute and matching in the hospital atleast now we're having Chinese then heading home, our last child-less night
for a good deal - but I'm done with shopping at motherhood... and not just cuz I'm not gonna be pregnant again, lol.
I ordered online, got everything, but though they're all supposed to be mediums the nightie fits terribly while the jammies are great - but one pair of jammies was a med top and large bottoms - way too big even now, let alone pp! So, I contacted them to send them back for exchange. Was told to send them back, making sure to email a copy of the shipping receipt as well. Did that. 3 weeks ago.
Haven't received replacement pj's, and they won't return my emails for more information. So, right now, they've effectively stolen $40 from me. I am not pleased with them at all.
Shopping in store would be different, though - I'd know right away what fit and didn't and what wasn't the right sizes, etc.

for chinese and the kids-free nights.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #282
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Motherhood upset me with online orders too. Almost not worth it! I would call and politely demand an explanation.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #283
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to email then again on Monday. Then I guess I'll have to start calling. Like I said, at this point I feel like they've stolen $40, well, and shipping costs, from me - they have my pj's and my $$ for them and for shipping back to them. Not cool.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #284
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Thank you ladies for sharing and answering my question. You all rock!

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #285
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt
Interesting about everyone's labors and how ctx start. I've been wondering too since I was induced with DS and never felt anything until then.
Today we walked the mall and Ikea for 4 hours. I got nursing pj's for only $10 on clearance at Motherhood! I really don't 'need' any but figured for that price I can be cute and matching in the hospital atleast now we're having Chinese then heading home, our last child-less night since DS comes home tomorrow! DSD comes home Monday morning. It's been nice but I miss them!
Wow thats an awesome deal! I *need* some nursing pajamas too!

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #286
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Elena- Thats crazy! I'd be calling! I've never ordered from them online but they had a shirt I really loved that I might watch for a sale. It's not an obvious maternity one, but we'll be having 1-2 more kids hopefully so it would get more use. I tried them on and the bottoms are too big but for the price I'll just take them in, I usually need a bigger top because I'm big chested. They are super comfy, I was planning on putting them right into my hospital bag but now I want to wear them
Old 04-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #287
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I feel like saying 'something is starting', but that sounds so ridiculous - of course something is starting. But it could go for hours or weeks.

Am having difficulty trying to time contractions. By the time I'm sure, it's past time to start. And then I think it's maybe over, but then it's back 2 seconds later. Blah.

I figure it doesn't matter until I can't think/talk/etc during them anyways.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #288
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I feel like saying 'something is starting', but that sounds so ridiculous - of course something is starting. But it could go for hours or weeks.

Am having difficulty trying to time contractions. By the time I'm sure, it's past time to start. And then I think it's maybe over, but then it's back 2 seconds later. Blah.

FX!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #289
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Elena- Thats crazy! I'd be calling! I've never ordered from them online but they had a shirt I really loved that I might watch for a sale. It's not an obvious maternity one, but we'll be having 1-2 more kids hopefully so it would get more use. I tried them on and the bottoms are too big but for the price I'll just take them in, I usually need a bigger top because I'm big chested. They are super comfy, I was planning on putting them right into my hospital bag but now I want to wear them
Yeah, even the med bottoms will be too big - the other pair that was right-size-matched is too big, but has a drawstring, these other ones don't. But I'm going to do something (elastic or drawstring) to make them work... if I get them, that is.
I was planning to have them at the hospital to wear. But now I don't know if I'll get them in time - I don't know when they would have been sent. 3 weeks, even up here, is plenty of time that they should have received them and shipped them out to me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

lol to the first bit - so true! Not being able to talk/etc during them is a good sign!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #290
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

Lol, I know what you mean about that first bit
I am terrible at timing contractions. I have never really been able to. You'd think I'd have learned that along the way of having four kids, but not so much. I figure the same as you; doesn't matter until you can't do anything else during! Good luck, hope it's hours for you and not prolonged weeks!