Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #21
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
Re: gender disappointment?

Sadly I had it with #1. I had dreamed up this little boy. I wanted him so badly. I knew what he looked like, what his name would be, how I would dress him, how I'd style his hair, how he'd be a mama's boy...then I found out we were having a girl. I was devastated. I did NOT want a girl! It took me a week to get over it and go out and start buying girl things. So with #2 we didn't find out her gender. I didn't want to do that again. I felt like a terrible person. I wasn't feeling that way again. Out DD2 came a girl and I had zero of those feelings. We are officially done (high risk, etc.) and I have moved beyond the boy I'll never have. It does take time mama but now I have moments where I actually say "I'm so glad we had girls!"

Hilary, head over heels wifey of a Coastie
Mama of Aubrey & Delaney
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

I remember thinking if my last boy was a girl I was going to be extremely upset. When he was a boy I was thrilled. Now I want a girl, but Im trying not to do that again. I'll be happy with whatever we get.. even if it means 4 boys.. but it does mean a boy will be wearing pink and purple diapers and potentially some really cute cupcake hats
~* mama to 4 great boys! newbie!, 7, 9 and 12! *~
pumpkinseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #23
Coop Hostess
My Mood:

It is totally normal. We only wanted two children, so when I discovered DS2 was a boy, I was devastated. God had other plans for us and we were blessed with a 3rd baby, a daughter and I am not pregnant with our fourth, a daughter. I felt so silly being so sad over not having a daughter, especially since everyone was convinced he was a girl based on wives tales. I would not trade him for the world, he is an amazing little boy and I am so very lucky. I know you will be so happy to meet him and I know how much you already love him, but I do think it is ok to be sad and to mourn the fact that there are no more chances.
I am moving on in life, if you need to get in touch with me, please email me at
Keropisunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #24
Registered Users
I'm happy to say that talking with you all openly about my feelings and seeing that I'm not alone has helped me so much. I'm very excited and attached now! Its been about a week and a half since I found out his gender and I finally completely accept it now. I love him. Didn't think it would happen that fast but I believe talking to you sweet ladies did the trick! Yay!!!
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #25
Registered Users
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
So happy for you mama. That's wonderful.
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote