Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question about an Ebay Transaction

Hi ladies...I need a bit of help with an Ebay transaction. I sold a new in package Mary Kay Brush set about two weeks ago, and I just got an email from the buyer saying that the hairs on the brush are stiff and falling out. I know that they weren't like that when I sent them, so I am not sure what I should do?

Should I ask the buyer for pictures? Or should I just refund the money even though I don't really think that there is an issue with the item.

I am freaking out a bit and don't know what to do!!

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about an Ebay Transaction

Did you open them to inspect the brush hairs?

Buyer may be doing the old switcheroo on you

I would not refund right away. Request pictures for sure and you *might* want to call paypal and ask if the account that paid you has a history of claims. Let them know what is going on.They won't actually tell you yes but they do normally give a hint.

If you checked the brushes, respond letting them know that you checked the items over and the issue they are saying is there was not there when you mailed brushes. Flat out ask them if it is possible they have mixed up your new brushes with older brushes or if they bought more than one set from ebay.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and IMHO MK brushes ARE a tad stiffer than others I have used. The hairs falling out may have been nothing more than one or two loose from production. I'd be sure to ask for very detailed photos.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much! I kind of feel like they are trying to pull one over on me. The brushes are in a sleeve of plastic so they are not completely sealed if that makes sense. They felt like normal MK brushes to me. I have a set that I have had for 2 years and not had any issues with so this seems a bit fishy to me.

I am going to email and ask for pictures and a more detailed explanation.

Thanks again
Old 04-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

Just an FYI, in case they are trying to pull one over on you...

In case you do not want to give a refund and if they file a pp claim against you, you do not necessarily lose your money. If you stand behind your sale, go ahead and escalate the claim yourself and let pp know you sold new brushes.

You have seller protection, buyer has buyer protection. In questionable cases pp will side with the seller, however will allow you to keep your money.

It happened to me, I refused to refund any part of sales $ to a seller I knew was scamming me. They gave her her money back, but did not deduct anything from my account due to seller protection.

You may take a hit on your feedback, but that's another story and you can always comment on their feedback to clarify. To me, it's the principal of the matter and I am so tired of these scammers, personally that I refuse to deal with their games.

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 04-01-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! I emailed and asked for detailed pictures of the issues she was having. I will be very interested to see what she sends...
Old 04-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

How long has she had the brushes? If she waited longer than a day or two to contact you, I would be super skeptical.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

According the the tracking on the shipping they were delivered on the 25th, so that would be a week ago today.

I did wonder about that too.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok so this is what I emailed the buyer:
"I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue. Could you please send me detailed pictures of the issues with the brushes? They were in new condition when I mailed them to you. Thank you!

And this is what they sent back:
"They were but now that I'm using them they are poky and hairs are falling out"

Do you think I should ask for pictures again?

I don't want to be rude, but I feel like this person is not being completely up front.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashliemh
Ok so this is what I emailed the buyer:
"I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue. Could you please send me detailed pictures of the issues with the brushes? They were in new condition when I mailed them to you. Thank you!

And this is what they sent back:
"They were but now that I'm using them they are poky and hairs are falling out"

Do you think I should ask for pictures again?

I don't want to be rude, but I feel like this person is not being completely up front.
I would say since they've already been used, and you aren't responsible for the manufacturing part, she's on her own. Keep her message saying she's already used them. But I'd say its possible she IS being honest, and it's just a bummer for her. You sent it new in packaging as described in your listing, and that's all you are responsible for. Not the performance of the item.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote