Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm sol aren't I?

So I bought a diaper from a momma (not on here) with no description other than the pictures. She seemed genuinely nice (wanted a home for the daughter that would actually use it) and the diaper had no issues and looked practically new in the pictures.

I bought it and when it came today there were a bunch light (old looking) stains on the outside. There are none inside or on the inserts just the outside. I went back and looked and you can almost see the big one on the front in one of the pictures but just barely and only if you know where/what you are looking at.

Sent momma pictures of most of the stains (numerous on the front, bottom, and wing) very nicely stating I wouldn't have paid what I did for it knowing about the stains (maybe $5 less as a price point to go off of) and wanted to know if she'd be willing to make it right and give me some of my money back. She responded quickly wanting to know if the package was damaged as it did not leave her house in that condition. I replied it had not been (actually really nicely packaged too) and that she could have missed them as they weren't glaringly obvious and I would have probably missed them before throwing it in the wash had I not been under a very bright light and then after close scrutiny I discovered the rest.

She read this within a minute and no reply and it's been 2 hours. :-\ I don't want to return the diaper, I like it and hopefully the stains will Sun out, but I hate that I overpaid for it. If she ignores me/says no there isn't anything I can do, is there? I mean short of having to ship it back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DS Forum

Advertisement

pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I'm sol aren't I?

did you pay with Paypal? and if so when did you buy it? paypal offers 45 days protection from the date you send payment. You could file a claim under "not as described" since you could not see the stains in the photos, and she did not mention them
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I did and only a last week. Won't they just tell me to ship it back to her, though?

Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

She is not required to give a partial refund, if you take it to PayPal you have to pay return shipping but you will get a full refund. There really aren't any other options if she doesn't want to give a partial refund, some people do not do them so it's all or nothing so to speak.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well now she's trying to passively say I stained it and its only been used 5x and not by her (she's also deleted the listing.) Which is so not true it is a loved diaper. She did say she'd take it back and refund me once she gets it. Am I protected if she gets delivered (with dc) and won't refund through pp. She said it is a faster refund this way than with a pp. Dispute... I've never done this before I want to be protected but not go over board and open if I don't have to.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottermomma
Well now she's trying to passively say I stained it and its only been used 5x and not by her (she's also deleted the listing.) Which is so not true it is a loved diaper. She did say she'd take it back and refund me once she gets it. Am I protected if she gets delivered (with dc) and won't refund through pp. She said it is a faster refund this way than with a pp. Dispute... I've never done this before I want to be protected but not go over board and open if I don't have to.

I would open a dispute just to be safe.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Yes,open a dispute, since she already wasn't honest and then tried to blame you, don't trust her word. Open the dispute and ship back with dc.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #8
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could open a dispute and ask for a partial refund. She might accept it. Otherwise, just follow PP's policy for shipping it back.
I'm curious how much you paid, it seems like the cost to ship the diaper and then the hassle of selling it again and then re-shipping might be worth it to her to just do a partial refund of $5, KWIM?
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I told her I'd send it back because I can't do anything to them without voiding my pp protection and it isn't worth the price I paid. She really wants me to keep it and told me to wash it and try and sun the stains out and is saintly coating pp to figure out how I can and keep protection (which we all know I can't and I won't). I've just been completely turned off. I'm sad because I love the diaper design and wanted to try the wahm but the condition is not what I wanted and not worth $20 imo. She claims she paid $30 and never even washed it and it's only been used 5x, which I find hard to believe as it looks more worn than any diaper I own and I have a 2.0 bg! I would call it guc at best with the stains.

The only reason I haven't opened is the hope that she'll just give me some of my $ back and we can be done. She'll probably eat at least $8 between shipping twice (selling again) and pp fees. she point blank refused to lose anymore money on it and would only take it back a few hours ago.

Last edited by pottermomma; 04-01-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
kynid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottermomma View Post
I told her I'd send it back because I can't do anything to them without voiding my pp protection and it isn't worth the price I paid. She really wants me to keep it and told me to wash it and try and sun the stains out and is saintly coating pp to figure out how I can and keep protection (which we all know I can't and I won't). I've just been completely turned off. I'm sad because I love the diaper design and wanted to try the wahm but the condition is not what I wanted and not worth $20 imo. She claims she paid $30 and never even washed it and it's only been used 5x, which I find hard to believe as it looks more worn than any diaper I own and I have a 2.0 bg! I would call it guc at best with the stains.

The only reason I haven't opened is the hope that she'll just give me some of my $ back and we can be done. She'll probably eat at least $8 between shipping twice (selling again) and pp fees. she point blank refused to lose anymore money on it and would only take it back a few hours ago.
How did she use it 5x and never wash it?
I would open a dispute and send it back.