Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone know anything about antiphospholipid syndrome & chemical pregnancies?

So, my recent history. Had a surprise pregnancy (nursing and had not had a period yet) turned miscarriage at 6 weeks last July, and since then have had a chemical pregnancy just about every month (complete with cramping and a hormone crash, so I know they're not false positives).

2 months ago I went to a fertility clinic so they could run tests on me. My hormones are fine, but I did get Indeterminate & Moderate Positive results on a few of the less important antiphospholipid antibodies.

So I started taking the baby asprin after O (she suggested waiting until I got a +, but my chemicals were so early that I figured the earlier the better). I'm still technically BFP right now (I think 11dpo?), but it's still barely faint, and I get initial positives at 6/7dpo and in all of my 5/6 week miscarriages and both of my kids it has been much darker by now.

Does anyone know if it takes any time to kick in? Or is it something else? Like, will I have a better chance next month? I'm planning on taking it every day anyhow because I've just found out that it's also a girl sway (wish I stumbled on that months ago and I might have tried it out and not had to spend money to figure it out).

Anyone else have this problem? I'm guessing if it doesn't work I will have to stop taking my iron - I'm naturally anemic and that causes thin blood, too, and I was definitely anemic when I conceived my other 2 kids, and I'm definitely not right now.

Advertisement

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
Elia
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone know anything about antiphospholipid syndrome & chemical pregnancies?

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about your challenges getting pregnant. Hopefully this little one is just a slow starter and things will continue to look better. I have found that each pregnancy is always different. I would give yourself a few more days and see how everything is looking.

We went through a lot of fertility treatment, and while I never had the Antiphospholipid syndrome, I did learn a great amount about it.

Usually, my friends who had this also had a shot of Heparin to go along with the asprin to prevent miscarriage. This tended to work well. If this pregnancy does not hold, I would head back to be checked and ask about the Heparin and other alternatives. Good luck and I hope this little one sticks around.
Elia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm currently being tested for it. I know heparin or lovenox injections can help if aspirin isn't enough.

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone know anything about antiphospholipid syndrome & chemical pregnancies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
I'm currently being tested for it. I know heparin or lovenox injections can help if aspirin isn't enough.

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
Basically this. With my son baby asprin, and prometrium were enough. With the two since him they weren't. Should I be blessed to get pregnant again, I will be going on heparin injections. I take baby asprin all the time, my whole cycle.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Elia
Registered Users
seller

Good luck Lindsay!
Elia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I took a baby asprin every day of my cycle and had 4 sons with it. It takes immediate effect. If that is not enough to stop the early losses then you will need to go on a blood thinner like Luvenox.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote