Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

I DON'T WANT TO WEAN-but my body does...

Emotionally I am not ready to wean my baby. He just turned 15 months and it has been a struggle since I went back to work. My body just does not produce unless it is attached to a baby or I'm pumping non stop. He only nurses morning and night, or if I'm home on the weekends. He's okay with this, but if I refuse him he gets upset. So he's not really ready either. However, I just don't have much milk. I pump while I'm away and take domperidone. If I didn't take the med I'm not sure I'd have any milk. But the domperidone has made me gain a ton of weight and makes my stomach hurt. I want to go on a rapid weight loss diet at my dr's office that uses meds. I wouldn't try it but the weight has my blood pressure up and my feet are swelling...it needs to come off. But the meds aren't great for breastfeeding. What would you do? If I stop taking the dom and stop pumping and only allow him to comfort nurse he won't be getting much milk at all...maybe 2-3 oz a day. Would that be low enough to not worry about the meds transferring to the milk?

Advertisement

Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I DON'T WANT TO WEAN-but my body does...

((hugs)) I think i would just nurse when he wants when you are home and see how it goes. The body is pretty amazing - obviously the meds could be an issue. Maybe try to find a food plan that could work for you including lacatocinic (i know my spelling is off sorry!) foods and herbs as much as possible.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Keep him crazy busy for a weekend and make boobs unavailable. Some kids are never happy about weaning. They are unhappy about bedtime. Or veggies too. It's a relationship. It should be enjoyable for both people. wtg on making it this long!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Thanks ladies. I found an herbal plan that is supposed to boost metabolism and it says it is safe for breastfeeding. I'm going to stop the domperidone but I have a ton of it left. I know we can't sell meds here but where can I list them?
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

from what i've read you want to wean down off domperidone. I havent ever used it though so i dont have any personal experience