Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

40 lbs of chicken breast... WWYD?

I got crazy and ordered 40lbs of chicken breast (boneless/skinless) from a wholesaler here in our area. Pickup is today and I'm excited! I've never prepped this much chicken before and I'd love to hear what YOU would do with this much chicken... Lol.

It comes fresh (not frozen) in a case so I can separate it out and prep it. I'd love to hear what freezer meals, crockpot recipes, etc are your favorites for chicken breast.

I'm a recovering fast-food-aholic so switching to a more homemade and from scratch approach is going to be quite the undertaking. ;-)

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
crisco13
Registered Users

Re: 40 lbs of chicken breast... WWYD?

I ordered the same stuff. I am canning mine, but most of my friends are cutting theirs up and freezing it in the portions they will use it in. Some are adding marinades and then freezing so that the meat is marinated and ready to grill. Good Luck!
crisco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would probably divide most of it up plain and freeze it. But I might divide some of it up in ready marinades like so:

balsamic vinegar, italian herbs, salt, oil
lemon juice and any number of seasonings, salt, and oil
soy sauce or braggs aminos (whichever is friendly to your diet) with dry mustard, lots of garlic, thyme, and lime juice, with oil
lime juice with a little sweetener and cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and coriander (or whatever such spices you have), salt, and oil

orange juice, cumin, and lots of onion powder

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.campbellskitchen.com/reci...recipeid=24702

This.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Some more ideas for when you thaw plain chicken:

Italian stewed tomatoes (or plain stewed or fresh tomatoes with a little italian spice and sweetener like stevia or sugar added), a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil, as much "thai" or "asian" fresh basil (this will have a purpilish undertone) as you can get your hands on, and a little broth make an unbelievable simmering sauce.

A whole lot of onion browned in some oil. Then add the chicken, some salt, some lemon or lime juice, and some curry powder.

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 04-06-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Although I no longer use such mixes b/c of their ingredient list, a favorite growing up was cubed chicken cooked in yogurt mixed with a packet of french onion soup mix with a little black pepper on top.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
wyldcat
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know this is a little OT but:

Homemade Onion Soup Mix

Makes 1 packet

4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper

I mix this up as when I need it

My Food Creations Blog --- Helping You Go Green With Style --- Earn Free Amazon GCs With Me
wyldcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldcat View Post
I know this is a little OT but:

Homemade Onion Soup Mix

Makes 1 packet

4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper

I mix this up as when I need it
Actually that sounds great, wyldcat, and cheaper. Now if only I knew of some beef bouilon that didn't contain no-no ingredients for me.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
saturn
Registered Users

I'd definitely cook some of it, cut or shred it into chunks and then freeze in potions. Then you could thaw it for quick meals like sandwiches or chicken salad, or add it to soups, pot pie, pasta, enchiladas, etc. When I'm in a hurry, it's so nice to be able to skip the step of handling/cooking raw chicken (and then decontaminating cutting boards, counters, knives, etc.).
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for all the ideas, ladies!

I'll be sure to update you all when I'm done prepping and let you know what I did!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote