Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
x ClareBear92 x
Registered Users

My Mood:
My Story.. Early Loss, Missed Miscarriage <3

Heyy ladies..

I'm Clare. i don't have any children (im only 20) This is my first post on here and just thought i'd share my missed miscarriage story/experience, My little bean passed(stopped growing/developing) at about 6 weeks gestation(6 weeks after LMP) and I miscarried on 2nd April 2013 at 11weeks + 3days ...weather your going or been through the same thing as me or still birth, lost a child, TTC and whatever else, i'll be happy to chat about anything :-) ..feel free to post your experiences, questions or worries too.

i'll tell you my story..

Me and partner decided to TTC at the beginning of December 2012 so i stopped taking my pill(cerazette) and started taking pregnacare vitamins on the 4th of that month and my AF come back virtually straight away around a week later, BFN on 11th January and AF arrived next day. i started using opk's and had first positive opk on 31st and got our Valentines Day BFP, we were absolutely over the moon! ...saw my GP a couple of weeks later and referred myself to midwife, she called on 11th march and gave me my booking appointment for 28th march...

On 27th March, i went to the toilet and when i wiped i noticed that there was a pink tint on the toilet paper, and the next day every time i went to the toilet there was a small amount of brown discharge which i guessed meant old blood so didn't really think too much of it and where i had my booking appointment at 3:30 that day, i thought i'll just mention it to my midwife while im there and she just said that because it was just a small amount and it wasn't new(red) blood or any clots that its probably nothing to worry about and it stopped after that anyway and i didn't see anymore of it..

But that very same day (28th March) only a few hours later, about 6:30pm i went to the toilet and noticed i was bleeding bright red blood this time with a few tiny clots which obviously worried me so i tried phoning every phone number i had been given but the only one i could get through to i think was triage at the hospital but was just told that they will not see anyone under 18 weeks pregnant and at this point i was only 10weeks + 6days so i phoned a local nhs on call surgery which deals with urgent patients at out of hour times and explained what was going on, they said to go down there asap so me and OH got a taxi there and i waited there for an hour and a half before i was seen and the doctor got me to lay on the bed and had a feel of my tummy, i then sat back in my chair while he took my blood pressure(that was fine) and he said that i'll need a scan so rang the hospital and booked me a scan for the 30th(2 days later) and when he got off the phone he basically told me that i will most likely miscarry and sent us on our way.. the next 2 days the bleeding turned back to that brownish color so we thought that maybe there's a small chance all will be ok..

30th - day of the scan(i had internal scan).. Got to the hospital and the Midwife/nurse called us in and just explained it didn't sound very good but said there's a chance everything was fine, it does happen some times... i laid on the bed, me & OH clenching each others hand. While she was looking at the screen i could just see by her face that it wasn't good but obviously we were expecting it from what we were told before, she said "not good at all"..our hearts sank, she said that she thinks the baby passed(stopped growing/developing) at about 6weeks so inevitably i will miscarry, at this point i would have been 11weeks + 1day and she explained that there was no visible sign of the fetus as it had been in there and not been alive for about 5 weeks and had probably "broken down"(her words not mine) and she gave me & OH a few minutes so i could get dressed and have a couple of minutes to ourselves, we wiped our tears and composed ourselves to go speak to her, she said sorry etc. basically told me to go home and let it pass naturally, explained what would would happen, gave me a number to call if there was to much pain etc. and an appointment for another scan which is on 8th April(this month) to make sure everything had passed naturally and was ok, she then explained what happens if this does not happen (D&C, Med's) and sent us on our way..

The next 2 days, 31st - 1st I felt fine(physically) and the bleeding was just like a normal/light period until the evening of 2nd(april) and i started getting SEVERE cramps, im very good with pain but i was in agony even still after taking painkillers, it felt exactly how other women have described contraptions but im guessing on a smaller scale(i have never had a baby). That night i passed ALOT of blood and (TMI) about 6 large clots about the size of a small lime after that was just alot of blood, so much that i just had to sit on the toilet for long periods at a time until it slowed a bit, the next day(3rd) again i felt physically fine n it was just like a very heavy period and that evening i passed the sac(which was not painful, im guessing because it was not intact) a few hours passed and i started getting pains that gradually got worse and worse, they were excruciating after a while and i think were every 5-10 minutes until the early hours of the morning but still all that night there was a lot less bleeding than the night before which confused me.. they finally started to wear off a little and became bearable at about 3:00am and i didn't get any sleep until 6:00am but was woken with pain(only lasted about a minute) at 7:30am and i went to get my hot-water bottle (which i find helps with the pain), i popped to the toilet and passed what im pretty sure was the placenta and since then (yesterday morning) its just been like a very heavy period..i also done a HPT today to see if it looked like HCG has dropped and got a very faint line on a 10miu test so im guessing my body isn't waiting around to get back on track... i have also had bad indigestion and bit of a headache which im not sure has anything to do with it..

Me & OH plan to TTC again as soon as we can..

...So sorry to all of you who have had a loss, its an awful thing to go through! you are all amazing people and good luck in the future everyone!

R.I.P My Little Bean <3

Clare xxx

Advertisement

Last edited by x ClareBear92 x; 04-05-2013 at 04:14 PM.
x ClareBear92 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: My Story.. Early Loss, Missed Miscarriage <3

I had a very similar experience with my 4th pregnancy. Baby stopped growing very early, yet had a delayed miscarriage at 11 weeks. Thinking of you!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
x ClareBear92 x
Registered Users

My Mood:

its such a confusing situation to be in, i had never heard of this before now.. i thought that when a baby/fetus passed(stopped growing, developing & heartbeat stops) that the body would just react straight away, the human body is so confusing sometimes.. its one of the many things you don't expect to happen to yourself.. takes a while to sink in..

aww, thankss.. and thankyouu for your reply

Clare xxx
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

almost the exact same story here. mine was a 3 1/2 week wait and I had to take herbs to pass it all.
so sorry for your loss. just know you can be very fertile after. i got pregnant each cycle since but lost each.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
x ClareBear92 x
Registered Users

My Mood:

human body is just so unpredictable.. aww that's terrible, this is the only loss I've had and really could not imagine having any more, so sorry to hear about your losses, must be so draining both emotionally and physically.. such a strong woman, really is amazing! stay strong.. yeahh im hoping it wont take long, i got pregnant in the second cycle after coming off the pill with the one i just lost so hopefully with the increased fertility it wont take long at all

thankyouu for your reply ..sending lots of luck & baby dust for the future, come on sticky bean! you really do deserve it!

lots of love & hugs

Clare xxx
Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
x ClareBear92 x
Registered Users

My Mood:

x

Last edited by x ClareBear92 x; 04-05-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i wasnt truly "trying" after the miscarriage so I wasnt even sure I would get preggo. so when it happened, I wasnt on my progesterone, which I needed to sustain the pregnancy so both babies were losses. sucks but now I know I will just take progesterone with each cycle in case I get pregnant again.

i wish you the best of luck
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
x ClareBear92 x
Registered Users

My Mood:

aww, well you wasn't to know but a loss is still a loss.. how awful.. n yeahh that sounds like the best thing to

and to you too! fingers crossed & lots of baby dust and hugs!

Clare xxx