Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Registered Users
how are the babies?

may 2014 mamas are just around the corner, so i thought we should do a check in!

silas weighs about 14lbs right now. he has his two month checkup this coming monday. he's still breastfed, eating on a semi-regular schedule now, and doing great! he's started smiling, cooing, and talking, and can stand up on our laps with his whole body sturdy, if we hold his hands. he's definitely my strongest baby by far, and i am dreading him growing up already. he's changed so much since he was born, and although it's exciting, knowing he's our last is making me kind of sad, lol.

how's everyone else?

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: how are the babies?

Originally Posted by leyash View Post
he's changed so much since he was born, and although it's exciting, knowing he's our last is making me kind of sad, lol.
i feel you on this, this is our last baby, too. although its bittersweet bc i dont think i could do this again--ack!

this time around it has been even more stressful for me bc we had a scare with the newborn screening results. it was a false positive but in the interim we were pretty worried about our little peanut butter cup. :/

we are coming up on 4 wks and baby girl weighs 10lbs (7lbs 12 oz at birth) now. she still doesnt latch very well, and although this is my 3rd nursling and i have over 4 yrs experience, i am struggling a lot with her. anyone else dealing with an allergic infant? mine always are, but i dont eat wheat or dairy and she is still having some mucus/blood in her stool so im off of eggs and corn now and waiting to see what happens.

she is super laid back and sweet, gives pensive looks and expresses herself with her eyebrows a lot. she loves to watch me and moves her head all around following mama--i feel like she wants to coo and "talk" to me but then all that comes out is a little sigh. oh, babies are too precious.

this group is pretty busy, huh? where is everybody...
none on the boards, but feedback on LJ here:
nettepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
We are doing great

Kennedy is 8 weeks old now and almost 10 lbs. pretty soon she will have doubled her birth weight of 5lbs 4 oz.
we are getting some 5 hour stretches at night now and starting to stay awake more during the day. She likes to coo and try to talk and has just started giving a few smiles!!
Her brothers are absolutely crazy about her
Mom to 3 big boys and one tiny princess
txmommytobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Mia is probably around 11lbs at almost 7 weeks old. She was 7lbs 12 oz at birth. She is breastfed, and does very well with that. Sometimes she makes a release sound as if she breaks the latch, but It doesn't seem to affect her. She smiles and coos for daddy, me, and big sister. She takes long naps in the morning and is awake most of the afternoon and evening with a few cat naps. She sleeps through the night, I don't know why She seems to clusterfeed in the evenings, so maybe she does that to settle in. One of my favorite things is that she is a cuddler. She likes to be held upright on my shoulder and they she wraps her little arm around my upper arm and holds on. It's like a little hug. Very sweet baby!
Christian family. Psalm 63:3-4 "Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."
nebraskamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Registered Users
Talia is 5 and a half weeks. Time flies!! She started sleeping 5-6 hours at a stretch at night. Thank you baby girl! She was 10 pounds 13 oz at her 4 week appointment, up from 8-14 at birth. Big girl!!

I haven't yet figured out how to get things done during the day. I probably should just enjoy sitting on the couch all day but I would love to get even an hour of time to myself while DH is at work. Tali will nap in the moby or next to me on the bed but she actively battles the swaddle at nap time and she won't stay asleep without it. During the day she somehow wakes up when I move her, even if she's limp-limb asleep. I feel really great about mastering bedtime but I feel lost at nap time.

I'm also getting anxious about flying cross-country with her next month. We will be with my dad for 6 days and then flying to my moms for another 6 days. Without DH. I am a mess already.

Last edited by lfw802; 07-07-2013 at 12:52 PM.
lfw802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

Leona is a higher needs baby compared to my other 4 children. I am trying to enjoy her wanting me so much, but hard w/ 4 under 4 LOL

She nurses well and at 3 weeks had already grown 2" and 2 whole pounds, i am not surprised tho, my milk isnt lowfat its whole milk LOL i have pumped about 70oz in the freezer our of necessity for comfort, went thru mastitis too That was horrible!!!!

Our sweet girl is 5 weeks old and now coo's and smiles ALOT at us <3 warms my heart, i love it.

I think she too is our last baby, its very bittersweet. I hope to adopt someday if its an option for us. this pregnancy was too diffucult on me and the whole family. Maybe we will have an oopps baby in 5yrs or so...that would make me 34 tho and idk if i want to have a baby at that age...
Melissa, loving wife to Zac mama to Chloie (12/03) Ty (07/08) and
Myra April 2010 and her irish twin Cullen April 2011
doTERRA Distributor, ask me what Essential Oils can do for your family!
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
Registered Users

My little guy is not so little anymore! He was five weeks early and got down to just under five, but now he is over 11 pounds at 8 weeks old. I feel like he is caught up in most ways, but I am sure there will be some milestones that are delayed. Our biggest challenge is the gas. I already cut out dairy, but now I am going to go ahead and cut out a lot of the other items that might be bothering him. He is a pretty easy baby, and brings us so much joy. He is definitely not yet sleeping through the night yet, though!
Becdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
Registered Users

I'm new to the forums, but my DD is 9 weeks old and almost 13 pounds. I'm super happy about this as she had trouble bfing to start with and lost more than 10% of her body weight. We were able to regain without supplementing though, thanks to the awesome lc at my ob's office.
vmccullouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
Registered Users

had silas' 2 month check up this past monday.

he got his shots, and he weighs 15 lbs 10 ounces, lol. he's huge.

doctor said he's doing really great. <3 he's smiling, sleeping great and having more awake time during the day. he's acting like he's interested in sitting up, and he still hates the car. lol
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote