Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 7th - 13th

Wow, I don't check in for a couple of days and now there are 5 new babies!!!!! Woohoo! Please, please, PLEASE let me be next!!!!!!! I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow. Docs office finally got all my dates lined up and have decided to go on a due date of April 8th, not the 10th. Two days didn't seem like a lot until now, lol. My contractions are beginning to change a bit, feeling more crampy. I had 4 last night that woke me up but then nothing...so darn frustrating!

Sorry you are going through all that, Elena. You don't need all that stress right now. I hope things get better

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I feel like saying 'something is starting', but that sounds so ridiculous - of course something is starting. But it could go for hours or weeks.

Am having difficulty trying to time contractions. By the time I'm sure, it's past time to start. And then I think it's maybe over, but then it's back 2 seconds later. Blah.

I figure it doesn't matter until I can't think/talk/etc during them anyways.
Yep. I could have written this. I suck at timing contractions and after all my false starts...well, it's just frustrating me now. I'm not even going to bother timing or worrying about them until, like you said, I can't talk, think, etc. during them.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I feel like a FTM. But I put a warm wet(but not soaking) towel on my tummy over my tummy balm because it's so itchy. When I got up the seat and my underwear were soaking. So ofcourse first instinct is, did my water break?!? Seems like a lot of water from just the moist towel. I'm sure I'm just crazy but I put a pad on to just be sure.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well... What are the chances that my two babies break their waters on their due date?

Apparently I'm an anomaly of a baby-oven.

Walking on the treadmill to try and get any contractions started.

I hate the feel of a slow leak and I hate wearing pads!!

I do feel Braxton hicks types painless contractions. Just waiting to see if this is gonna be back or front labor. Upper back sorta hurts.

DH just got to the top of a mountain with his running team. Said he's about to come back down. No hurry - just put diapers in the wash. Hope to get them hung before we leave for the hospital, so atleast 2 hrs of wash time.

Luckily waters broke while getting DD down for her nap, so can concentrate on me for awhile.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt
So I feel like a FTM. But I put a warm wet(but not soaking) towel on my tummy over my tummy balm because it's so itchy. When I got up the seat and my underwear were soaking. So ofcourse first instinct is, did my water break?!? Seems like a lot of water from just the moist towel. I'm sure I'm just crazy but I put a pad on to just be sure.
Oooh!!! Let's be labor buddies!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #16
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

So excited for you!!! Well I put a pad on and it's barely wet. My sister told me to smell it but my nose is clogged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Well... What are the chances that my two babies break their waters on their due date?

Apparently I'm an anomaly of a baby-oven.

Walking on the treadmill to try and get any contractions started.

I hate the feel of a slow leak and I hate wearing pads!!

I do feel Braxton hicks types painless contractions. Just waiting to see if this is gonna be back or front labor. Upper back sorta hurts.

DH just got to the top of a mountain with his running team. Said he's about to come back down. No hurry - just put diapers in the wash. Hope to get them hung before we leave for the hospital, so atleast 2 hrs of wash time.

Luckily waters broke while getting DD down for her nap, so can concentrate on me for awhile.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hmm... Well, I Don't know about other peoples experiences, but if baby is low enough, they can stop/slow the waters. So it's still a possibility even if it's not filling up quickly.

I was thinking I was just pretty closed again, but a friend mentioned that, so maybe I'm more open than I was thinking. Or maybe not.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ooooooh!!! Hope you got the dipes finished!!!! Cant wait to hear!!!!!

Made it to church on time and wore him jn the moby again....he loves it
Old 04-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #19
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Still walking here. Can't tell if contractions are happening or not. That's not supposed to be how it works, right?

I keep getting what feel like tightenings/contractions, but all the pressure is under my uterus. Does that sound like anyone's experience?

Am thinking its not back labor, but definitely doesn't feel like cramps. Keep expecting the baby to slide out when I pee.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Mine are always very low, like the underside of my belly so could be!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote