Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #21
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (April)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
AFM: I have diet controlled GD, but I'm afraid it's gonna turn into medicated GD. My fasting blood sugar has been rising over the last 5 days. For the last 3 weeks it's been between 85-100. For some reason this weekend it starting rising over 100 and today it was 116. I'm trying different things at night to see if it'll make a difference, but I'm worried I'll end up on insulin. I have to fax my #'s in on Friday and I'm sure I'll get a call from the doc about it. Ug! Good news is baby is looking good on the twice weekly NSTs and once weekly u/s's I have to do.
Ah shoot. I hope it's not needed, but it is good that they're watching you closely. things settle down.

If you do need insulin now, does that increase the risk that you will remain diabetic after baby is born?

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #22
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

If you do need insulin now, does that increase the risk that you will remain diabetic after baby is born?
I don't know, but that thought is what scares me most about this. I had GD with DS's pregnancy. It was diet controlled and I passed a follow-up glucose test after DS was born. With this one, I'm afraid if my #'s keeping going high and I need insulin, it'll mean that I'll end up failing the follow-up glucose test after baby is born.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #23
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would be worried about that too.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #24
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I don't know, but that thought is what scares me most about this. I had GD with DS's pregnancy. It was diet controlled and I passed a follow-up glucose test after DS was born. With this one, I'm afraid if my #'s keeping going high and I need insulin, it'll mean that I'll end up failing the follow-up glucose test after baby is born.

I'm going in for a beta tomorrow, I've been putting it off, but I want my progesterone checked so we may as well do a beta at the same time. I think my numbers are ok, I tested again today (4w3d) and it was a little darker than the control with afternoon urine that i only held for less than 2 hours, so hopefully that means a nice beta tomorrow. I'm nervous though because I had really low betas last time. Also my bbs seem bigger but they aren't really sore at all, is that weird?
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #25
leyash
Registered Users
seller

36 weeks today. will likely be induced at 39 weeks. eeeeek. so close.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #26
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post

I'm going in for a beta tomorrow, I've been putting it off, but I want my progesterone checked so we may as well do a beta at the same time. I think my numbers are ok, I tested again today (4w3d) and it was a little darker than the control with afternoon urine that i only held for less than 2 hours, so hopefully that means a nice beta tomorrow. I'm nervous though because I had really low betas last time. Also my bbs seem bigger but they aren't really sore at all, is that weird?
Good luck with the beta! Not sure about the b00bs, but just about anything weird thing is normal in pregnancy, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
36 weeks today. will likely be induced at 39 weeks. eeeeek. so close.
So close! It'll be here before you know it! Do you have everything ready?

AFM: I did a bit of research on insulin dependent GD and don't like what I read, so I'm doing everything I can to avoid that. I had read a few days ago that protein at night can help fasting #'s, I tried that the other day and it made my fasting # soar. Last night I read having some carbs at night can help, so I had a small serving of icecream and it worked! My fasting # was down this morning. Weird!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #27
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
So close! It'll be here before you know it! Do you have everything ready?
HA!!

I just did my first load of baby clothes yesterday (still not put away), and the diaper bag is only half packed, lol. everything is purchased... just not ready.. i am going to kick myself if he comes early on his own and things aren't ready, so i REALLY need to get on the ball.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Last night I read having some carbs at night can help, so I had a small serving of icecream and it worked! My fasting # was down this morning. Weird!
Huh. Well, eat that ice cream, mama! If it helps, it's worth it!
FTR, though, it will get old quickly. Even with yummy ice cream and variety. I know, I know - it sounds impossible.
I had to eat a bowl of ice cream every night when nursing DS1, to keep my supply up - I have NO idea why it worked, but it did - when I ate ice cream he nursed well and was content all the next day, when I didn't eat ice cream (and I'm talking at like 10/11pm) he was fine until mid-afternoon, then seemed to act like I was empty? At the beginning, the ice cream every day thing was kinda great. Then it wasn't so much anymore, lol. But it was totally worth it!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #29
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I had to eat a bowl of ice cream every night when nursing DS1, to keep my supply up - I have NO idea why it worked, but it did - when I ate ice cream he nursed well and was content all the next day, when I didn't eat ice cream (and I'm talking at like 10/11pm) he was fine until mid-afternoon, then seemed to act like I was empty? At the beginning, the ice cream every day thing was kinda great. Then it wasn't so much anymore, lol. But it was totally worth it!
Fun. I think I need some ice cream. But I'd have to find a way to eat it without DH eating it, since he needs to lose weight, and he's a very impulsive eater and then thinks it's not "fair" that I eat something and he doesn't.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #30
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby

Glad you had a good appointment. Hearing that heartbeat must have been music to your ears

AFM: I have diet controlled GD, but I'm afraid it's gonna turn into medicated GD. My fasting blood sugar has been rising over the last 5 days. For the last 3 weeks it's been between 85-100. For some reason this weekend it starting rising over 100 and today it was 116. I'm trying different things at night to see if it'll make a difference, but I'm worried I'll end up on insulin. I have to fax my #'s in on Friday and I'm sure I'll get a call from the doc about it. Ug! Good news is baby is looking good on the twice weekly NSTs and once weekly u/s's I have to do.
If its only your fasting numbers that are high, then maybe you can do a metformin or glyburide at bed time. I was diet controlled but could never get my fasting under 90 so I was on one glyburide each night plus a snack of almost pure protein with 20-30 of protein. Baby girls sugars were perfect and mine are too, so it seemed to work for me. And we went to 40+3 with her so didn't have to induce early or anything because of the GD. How many weeks are you? I'm on mobile so can't see