Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Solcatia
Registered Users

We are done with Nursies!

I haven't shared this with anyone at all and I am a new poster on Diaper Swappers, but I wanted to share with someone that we are done Breastfeeding. It is, of course, bittersweet. DH and I had been switching off nights of putting our DS to bed and on my nights (4x/week), I would nurse him. This went on for about 6 months and slowly but surely, DS wanted to switch sides a bit sooner each night. We eventually got down to about 3 minutes on only one side. Then...one night....after a story, he just laid down in my lap and closed his eyes. His requests for "nursies" continued until we were on vacation and he asked one more time on 3/16, and hasn't asked since then. We still read bedtime stories and lots of snuggles before bed. But he has definitely weaned. :-) I'm so grateful to have been able to nurse him for 26 months but I'm also glad that it has now ended. Thanks for the place to share our news. It has been a tough, but rewarding journey.

Advertisement

Solcatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
abcmama2011
Registered Users

Congratulations on 26 months! I absolutely can understand the bittersweet feeling. When my dd self-weaned (quite a bit earlier than I hoped for) I felt so free and yet so expendable at the same time. I felt like the closeness that came with BFing that only I could share with my dd was gone. I soon realized that the extremely close bond that BFing created didn't dissolve when we stopped. We just have found new ways to spend those times. It has been about 2 months since weaning and I do still miss it a lot but my dd sure doesn't seem to!!!
abcmama2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: We are done with Nursies!

Aww. 26 months is great! I'm about to wean my daughter and it is definitely bittersweet!
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Solcatia
Registered Users

We have kept that closeness and are finding new ways to spend time as well. I adore the hugs he gives me...he holds on tighter and gives wonderful smooches. LOL! I have such respect for any woman that breastfeeds for ANY amount of time. It can be a challenge in so many ways and every drop those babies get is precious. Congratulations to you both, abcmama & mel j! Weaning is a tough time but every step on this journey is a great blessing and experience.
Solcatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
sharper87
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations! We are almost done ourselves at 24 months. I have been subbing story time for nursing before bed and we've been nursing once a day every couple of days and hopefully the day before her birthday can be the last time and we will celebrate her being a big girl and not needing to nurse when she is 2.
sharper87 is offline   Reply With Quote