Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Do you tell?

Do you tell right away when you POAS or wait? Or selectively tell?

We don't tell for a while. Usually a few close friends along the way and then around 12 weeks we share the news. I'm 4w today and just blurted it out on the phone to one of my BFF though! I have such peace about this one. My last two mcs I was a basket case!

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
karikos
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you tell?

I told my husband, best friend and my mom the day of/day after I got a positive test. Other family was told about 2 weeks later. Extended family/family friends were told after our 12 week ultrasound and we announced it on Facebook.
karikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
genevievej84
Registered Users

Since this isn't really my pregnancy, I've just been following my IM's lead in telling people. And she's telling everyone :-) So many people have been part of this journey and following along the IVF cycle that they all knew when the blood test was and asked what the result was. I just hope everything continues to go smoothly so we don't have to live the nightmare of "untelling" everyone.
genevievej84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
RedSoxLover
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We told our parents, siblings, & best friends pretty soon after the BFP. We just can't hold it in. We'll tell everyone else once I am 10-12 weeks.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by genevievej84 View Post
Since this isn't really my pregnancy, I've just been following my IM's lead in telling people. And she's telling everyone :-) So many people have been part of this journey and following along the IVF cycle that they all knew when the blood test was and asked what the result was. I just hope everything continues to go smoothly so we don't have to live the nightmare of "untelling" everyone.
This is pretty much my experience as well, minus the IM. It's no secret to our friends & family that we had assistance in conceiving DD And fertility treatments are time consuming, engrossing, and they can have pretty significant side-effects (I did, anyway), so there wasn't any point in trying to keep it a secret when we started TTC. So friends and family ask pretty regularly. We're not announcing anything, but my mom & DP's dad & sister know, as well as a couple of my coworkers who have been "in the loop" & one of DP's private fb groups.
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

aside from a great number of internet people, the only irl people who know are: hubs, my kids, my sister, bil and his family (i assume he at least told his wife), and a houseful of people that found out after i told our teenager in confidence, she threw a huge fit and stormed out of the room yelling about it on easter...that was pretty awesome. :/

we weren't trying per se and have the biggest family out of any of our immediate relations...so we haven't told our parents or my other sister and our personal friends just yet...i want to wait until i dont feel like explaining or apologizing or calling the baby an 'accident' or a 'surprise'...i just need to figure out how to be proud and certain since people have a way of saying really dumb and offensive stuff when discussing our family size.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Bobbie ~1+3~
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post

We have the biggest family out of any of our immediate relations...so we haven't told our parents or my other sister and our personal friends just yet...i want to wait until i dont feel like explaining or apologizing or calling the baby an 'accident' or a 'surprise'...i just need to figure out how to be proud and certain since people have a way of saying really dumb and offensive stuff when discussing our family size.
Same here.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie ~1+3~ View Post
Same here.
your kids are so sweet in that picture on fb. do you guys get a lot of flack for your family size? i mean, triplets is kind of an insta-pack, its not like you can control that! we always say we just got catapulted into a 'big' family since we got twins...

just told my bff via facebook chat...haha. she said she thought i was nuts but said she'd still love me...hehe. she also said that she isn't surprised and doesn't think anyone else will be...

i still plan to do the invitation to christmas from the baby to do the big reveal...if nothing else, i've just been so blurty the past pregnancies that this one should be special/well thought out since it's definitely our last!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
ProudCoastieWife
Registered Users
Formerly: GrimLife
seller

My Mood:

I haven't even told my husband yet! I just found out very early Monday morning while I was in the hospital for extreme food poisoning! They ran a test and it came back positive...Still VERY nervous because it was so early, but very hopeful! This would be our first, so I'm planning on telling him this Sunday(our anniversary)! Going in for a F/U with my regular Dr. on Thursday so will see if they can/will do another blood test to confirm that my numbers are rising!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCoastieWife View Post
I haven't even told my husband yet! I just found out very early Monday morning while I was in the hospital for extreme food poisoning! They ran a test and it came back positive...Still VERY nervous because it was so early, but very hopeful! This would be our first, so I'm planning on telling him this Sunday(our anniversary)! Going in for a F/U with my regular Dr. on Thursday so will see if they can/will do another blood test to confirm that my numbers are rising!
haha wow! that's quite a secret to keep.