Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar

haha wow! that's quite a secret to keep.
Agree!

I can't keep it from DH but I've only told one friend. I think we'll announce to family with Mother's Day cards (they all live in different states) and then announce on FB. We will hopefully see some close friends this weekend and I'll probably tell I'm not very good with secrets!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #12
bobbyjk
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Do you tell?

I've told my husband, siblings and 2 best friends. We are waiting until we can Skype with our parents to tell them "in person." I made a youtube video of when I told DH (had DD give him the test wrapped in Christmas paper) so we'll have them watch that while we are Skyping.
With my DD I didn't wait too long to tell people, and won't with this one either. For me, my thought is that I like to share the good news now because it is just that, good news. If we were to have a miscarriage, I'd be telling them for support anyway, so I'd rather tell them when the news is still all happy. As for Facebook people, that we may just wait until Mother's Day to make it a fun announcement.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
Corgi
Registered Users

I couldn't keep my mouth shut and told my mom and one of my sisters, but we are holding off for a bit to tell friends and our employees anything. I still keep taking tests in complete disbelief that it's FINALLY happening.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #14
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are doing a card for mothers day for mil and smil then Facebook. My close friends and dh know. We aren't telling the kids yEt
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
br112
Registered Users

We're telling people on a need to know basis. My LLL co-leader and best friend knows because I am starting to get that first trimester exhaustion and might need help soon. Same with my friends that are working with me on the GCDC. My yoga teachers know because I have to modify my practice. We're waiting to tell family after I hit 12 weeks.
br112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
Sparklebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've told our kids and immediate family members. I'll probably tell a handful of close friends in the next couple weeks, but otherwise we'll wait until sometime after my 1st appt to spread the news. I'll be 8 weeks then, so we may just opt to wait it out a few more weeks at that point, but we'll see.

Sparklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
amylahminute
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My rule of thumb for telling is whether or not I'd want to hide a miscarriage from a friend. I'm generally an open book, so I've told quite a few friends as I've run into them already. I haven't told my parents, though. They have the tendency to smother me.

- Mylah, loving wife to Steve and happy, happy mom to Bodhi, born Jan 2009
amylahminute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

I told everyone with my mc in January, and it was kinda hard "un-telling" everyone. So other than my husband, my BIL(He lives with us, so he'd figure it out pretty soon anyways, since it is physically impossible for me not to yell while throwing up, I'm really loud!), and I'll be telling my mom in person tomorrow when she visits.

I'm hoping this can be a good moral booster for my mom, since she's currently fighting against cancer.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

We aren't telling this time. after 2 recent miscarriages we are waiting for the first strong heartbeat ultra sound to tell close family members and waiting till the 3 month mark to "announce" this time around. Having a miscarriage is hard enough without having to deal with all the comments.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Chocolate
We aren't telling this time. after 2 recent miscarriages we are waiting for the first strong heartbeat ultra sound to tell close family members and waiting till the 3 month mark to "announce" this time around. Having a miscarriage is hard enough without having to deal with all the comments.
Agreed. I want to wait as long as possible. We will probably share w family and friends after heartbeat and I'd love an u/s but not sure if ill have one. I probably won't do anything public or on our blog or fb till summer. But as this is #4 I'm sure ill be showing!!