Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
s2grace's Avatar
s2grace
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Midwest US
Posts: 1,475
April Chat :)

I saw my midwife today and got a beta and progesterone check. I go back Thursday for another beta. Lots of cramping today and I know that's normal but I'd much rather it not be!

I almost can't wait to feel sick because that's a sort if reassurance!

Advertisement

__________________
Shannon- married to DH for seven years, mom to DD 6/10/08, DS 8/29/10 and Gabriella Marie (Ella), born on 7/5/12 with Trisomy 13 and in heaven with Jesus. And our rainbow- DS2 12/24/13
s2grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
carriek38's Avatar
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ponyville
Posts: 9,137
Re: April Chat :)

Just in the last few days I started with indigestion & heartburn, not really nausea. Oh, and I've discovered that I NEED to eat when I'm hungry & something seems appetizing, b/c if I wait, chances are I will be grossed out by the very idea of whatever's for dinner. And I have my 2nd u/s Thursday...the anticipation is making me super anxious; I lost the last one by 6 wks, & though my numbers are MUCH better this time, I can't help but worry.

On an unrelated note, DD gave us a scare over the weekend; b/c of a crazy few hours, we were scared that she may have diabetes. So I had to bring her to the ped yesterday & everything is all clear...such a relief!
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
TonyKariTony's Avatar
TonyKariTony
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 745
My Mood:
AF was due today... I know it is irrational, but I feel more at peace now that I have actually missed period. I have nausea, boob tenderness and cramping, sometimes so strong that it makes me run to the bathroom to make sure everything is ok.
GOT TO LOVE PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS!!!
__________________
Karina, loving wife to Antonio ~mom to Tony(10/03/2010) ~missing our 2 angel babies ^i^ {6/2012} ^i^{5/2013} Cautiously expecting the arrival of our Rainbow

TonyKariTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
beckstar's Avatar
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: san fernando valley, CA
Posts: 6,450
My Mood:
Re: April Chat :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace View Post
I saw my midwife today and got a beta and progesterone check. I go back Thursday for another beta. Lots of cramping today and I know that's normal but I'd much rather it not be!

I almost can't wait to feel sick because that's a sort if reassurance!
the cramping is a good sign! means things are happening. when i go awhile w/o cramping, i worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Just in the last few days I started with indigestion & heartburn, not really nausea. Oh, and I've discovered that I NEED to eat when I'm hungry & something seems appetizing, b/c if I wait, chances are I will be grossed out by the very idea of whatever's for dinner. And I have my 2nd u/s Thursday...the anticipation is making me super anxious; I lost the last one by 6 wks, & though my numbers are MUCH better this time, I can't help but worry.

On an unrelated note, DD gave us a scare over the weekend; b/c of a crazy few hours, we were scared that she may have diabetes. So I had to bring her to the ped yesterday & everything is all clear...such a relief!
scary about your little girl. i had some concerns about our son for awhile...sometimes still do, but he's been tested before. also, feel you on the worry...such a waiting game. all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKariTony View Post
AF was due today... I know it is irrational, but I feel more at peace now that I have actually missed period. I have nausea, boob tenderness and cramping, sometimes so strong that it makes me run to the bathroom to make sure everything is ok.
GOT TO LOVE PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS!!!
sounds like things are progressing just fine!

afm: very slight symptoms here and there...trying to stay hydrated and rested. definitely feel fatigue by the afternoon/end of day...boobs a little tender, nausea that comes and goes. slight food aversion. took my last pregnancy test yesterday and didn't buy any more...now to wait the two weeks til my appt. i'll probably cave and buy some dollar tree tests...they're probably the last ones to make dark since they were so light in the beginning...i keep thinking these are the last sticks i'll be peeing on, might as well do it up proper!

5w today...so much can happen. ive been really worried about having a late term miscarriage or worse...i've had so many different experiences when it comes to pregnancy and babies...just never that...i dont know why that even makes sense, but i am just...scared. hard to think of this pregnancy ending in a real live baby.
__________________
becky. no vax, no circ, extended bf'ing, babywearing, homebirthing multiples mama to: m (3/10/96), o (8/10/07), p (5/11/09) r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) and r (12/25/13)
do you swag? you totally should. free money for searching.
beckstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
beckstar's Avatar
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: san fernando valley, CA
Posts: 6,450
My Mood:
Re: April Chat :)

oh and i started a due date list and it's already got a sticky at the top of the page! go fill in your info!
__________________
becky. no vax, no circ, extended bf'ing, babywearing, homebirthing multiples mama to: m (3/10/96), o (8/10/07), p (5/11/09) r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) and r (12/25/13)
do you swag? you totally should. free money for searching.
beckstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
s2grace's Avatar
s2grace
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Midwest US
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar
oh and i started a due date list and it's already got a sticky at the top of the page! go fill in your info!
Where? I'm on my phone and dont see anything.
__________________
Shannon- married to DH for seven years, mom to DD 6/10/08, DS 8/29/10 and Gabriella Marie (Ella), born on 7/5/12 with Trisomy 13 and in heaven with Jesus. And our rainbow- DS2 12/24/13
s2grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
trying4more's Avatar
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North. Bay Area, Cali.
Posts: 9,526
My Mood:
Re: April Chat :)

I'm gonna hang with you guys until I know for sure what's going on. I looked back at my HCG numbers I found through crazy old files, and it looks like I was around 6-7weeks and my hcg was only 244. My hcg now around 4 weeks is already 100, so it looks better than it did with my last ectopic.
As for symptoms, I have MAJOR gas. Not farting, but my stomach swells with air and it hurts. I can't eat anything without bloating.
__________________
Ariana Armando
{M.o3'} {E.o5'} {C.o9'} {S.12'} {D.14'}
.o8 .13
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
RedSoxLover's Avatar
RedSoxLover
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,181
My Mood:
Re: April Chat :)

We met a midwife today. I really liked her. Now to convince dh to go with her. I hope he'll decide to do it If not, I'll see the same Dr I had with my other pregnancies.

I have wicked morning sickness, bloating, & gas, but I'll take it I still can't believe there is a life inside me.
__________________
Tracey, married to Andy since 5.22.10 & mom to Aryus 11.30.02, Garrison T1D 5.12.11, & Thatcher 12.11.13 Missing my angels 6.30.04 & 2.25.15
I've earned $700+ in Amazon gifts cards & PayPal by using SWAGBUCKS
RedSoxLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
mamatoclaire's Avatar
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,784
My Mood:
Re: April Chat :)

I just scored a great deal at Target! I follow Fabulessly Frugal on Facebook and saw this blog post. You can print up to two coupons (from Target.com) for 20% off one baby item. When you buy a barenaked Boppy pillow you get a $10 gift card. So I printed 2 coupons, got a Boppy for $24 and a $10 gift card. Then did a second transaction and got a 4-pack of Aden&Anais swaddle blankets on sale for $30, then 20% off, and paid with the $10 gift card then $14 out of pocket. So $38 for a Boppy and A&A swaddles! I'm excited From reviews I read I didn't want the Target A&A but I realized they're only 3 inches smaller! Still much bigger than the little flannel receiving blankets I used with DD.
__________________
mamatoclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #10
Bobbie ~1+3~'s Avatar
Bobbie ~1+3~
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
I just scored a great deal at Target! I follow Fabulessly Frugal on Facebook and saw this blog post. You can print up to two coupons (from Target.com) for 20% off one baby item. When you buy a barenaked Boppy pillow you get a $10 gift card. So I printed 2 coupons, got a Boppy for $24 and a $10 gift card. Then did a second transaction and got a 4-pack of Aden&Anais swaddle blankets on sale for $30, then 20% off, and paid with the $10 gift card then $14 out of pocket. So $38 for a Boppy and A&A swaddles! I'm excited From reviews I read I didn't want the Target A&A but I realized they're only 3 inches smaller! Still much bigger than the little flannel receiving blankets I used with DD.
Great deal! My sil used my boppy and ended up ripping it, so I need a new. If it wasn't snowing and sleeting today I'd make a run. Ugh, isn't it spring?
__________________
Bobbie ~ Wife to Nick, mom to Jackson (9), Madison (5), Ryan (5), Owen (5) and Lexie (3) Oct. 2008, Oct. 2011, August 2012 Rainbow baby due December 11, 2013
Bobbie ~1+3~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.