Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
beansie19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Would you pay for CD advice?

I have been working on an idea for a cloth diaper consultation service. I have even made informational packets and supplemented my stash with a variety of different diapers for clients to try. I would meet one on one with them in their homes (or in small groups) to teach them all aspects of CDing, let them try diapers, and help them decide what will work for them. I'll show them the best websites and places to build their stash. It's kind of like a diaper party but without selling diapers. Clients will have unlimited contact with me for questions and advice. They will also receive a free gift!

So, if you were just starting out, would you pay for this service and how much?

Advertisement

Mary, SAHM and DW to DH, Jay Proud parents of Emma Bean! :: 08/19/11. We had a med-free VB and are CDing , BFing, NVaxing, BFMing (baby food making~made that one up), part time ECing, sometimes BWing and ex-CSing ! Pleased to meet you!
beansie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Personally, I probably wouldn't just because I learned plenty through the Internet and what not. The start up costs for cloth diapers can feel expensive in comparison to buying a pack of disposables and I'm not so sure most parents would want to spend additional money for consultation. Especially since many aren't even sure that they will stick with it.

However, if the price is right some may feel it would be worth investing in.

Good luck!

Austen 06/12

Last edited by Only; 04-10-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
karikos
Registered Users
seller

Re: Would you pay for CD advice?

Personally, no, since there are a lot of cloth diaper resources (the women on this site being one of them) that are free.
karikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not for me, no. There is a local shop that offers cloth diaper "classes" for free, and there is so much information available online.

Allison - mama to Olivia and baby Nora my Valentine's day VBAC!
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

No, there is a a local shop that offers free classes and the owner is great and full of info that she freely shares. Plus, there is an abundance of info online that is too convenient.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
mayliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well, I might be the odd one here, but I would've loved something like this as we don't have CD stores near where I live. My SIL started around the same time. She has a one-year old and I was still pregnant. The diaper that she thought was the best wouldn't have worked out for us. Her toddler is very small and my 3-month old is now almost 15lbs. She shared her knowledge with me but it was still difficult to figure out if I should spend money on nb diapers or wait until after he was born. I was very confused.

I think there is a place about an hr away from home that does something like this where you can check out the diapers and ask questions, etc. But it is a store. Personally, I feel there is a lot of trial and error in cloth diapering. In the very beginning it is so confusing. When you start searching while you are still pregnant and you have never even diapered a child, cloth diapering is a giant maze and completely overwhelming. Everyone kept telling me it would be too hard, too time-consuming, too old-fashioned. I spent days looking up videos to show my husband in order to convince him. We are fine with our set-up now, but I kind of spent way too much time doing endless research.
mayliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

Personally, no. Between tbe internet, DS and friends I was able.to learn what I needed.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #8
beansie19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks guys! I think I'll just have a suggested price of 25$ that they can pay if they want to. Just to cover gas and money I've already invested. The point is just to help as many people as I can so donations would work just fine for me.
Mary, SAHM and DW to DH, Jay Proud parents of Emma Bean! :: 08/19/11. We had a med-free VB and are CDing , BFing, NVaxing, BFMing (baby food making~made that one up), part time ECing, sometimes BWing and ex-CSing ! Pleased to meet you!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #9
beansie19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any other opinions? I'd love to hear them!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'd be another for no, i personally wouldn't pay for it. although i have seen workshops offered at cloth diaper stores that are $25 per person, so i know there is a market out there. and the fact that you would be coming to thier home might actually be more convinient. so you may not be totally out there, especially if you don't have a cloth diaper store in your area, or one that offers such a work shop.