Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
1healthylady
Registered Users

Struggling to remain TTA...

DD is 7 months. We use FAM. My cycles haven't returned yet. Lately I've been thinking it really wouldn't be bad to get PG again, so I haven't been following the rules so well when I notice fertile signs. But really, we can't do this again yet. We need to hold off for another year while we get ourselves moved, finances stabilize, and I accumulate more sick/vacation time again. Plus physically I'm not ready. But my mind is playing tricks on me and wants another little squish so badly! How do you remain TTA when your mind says NTNP?

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Struggling to remain TTA...

It's so so hard! lol. We HAVE to wait until August. I had a breast cancer scare and we need to wait for some testing to be completed in August before we have the green light. Even then I don't know that DH will be completely on board.
I will say that the older my youngest gets the easier it is to put it off, there's something to be said for the amount of independence that comes with not having an infant. I do want another, but I am enjoying this time without a baby.....if that makes sense?
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Oh mama, what happens to rut hormones around that age?? Wen DS was about the same age, I cried everytime I thought about the fact that he was going to be our last! I completely understand that feeling, though I wasn't using Fam at the time, just condoms. Anyways, I just told myself to enjoy the squish I had as long as he was little, because he was going to grow so fast! Once you bring another baby/pregnancy into the picture, its hard to give your older little one(s) the time and attention they "deserve" if you're nursing, pregnancy can limit your milk supply, so that can be another motivator, if it applies to your situation. so remind yourself that your waiting on it for your baby, look into her precious little eyes, and remember if the time is right, it will happen.

please forgive all typos due to auto correct's lack of mind reading abilities. :-)
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do lots of research on the benefits of waiting. There is a lot out there about child spacing and how 2.5 years or more between children is really better than a closer spacing, generally speaking. Mine were accidentally spaced closer than I wanted, and I really wish we had waited as long as I had planned. I feel that I would have been more nourished and our son might not have to worry about a few of the issues that he has, like tongue and lip tie, as well as some weird digestive things that I haven't figured out. It's really just better to make sure that you have lots of time in between to eat a really nourishing diet to prepare for the next one, also your first needs THEIR time to be a baby. It made me sad that I couldn't focus on my 2 year old quite as much as I wanted, because of the new baby. It's such a transformative time for them.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
kimmy659
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's a hump!!! Wait a couple months and u will feel a lot better. I had crazy baby urge when my 1st was 6 months and it went away until he was about 14months!!! (Then I got pg hehe)
Old 04-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel for you, I'm in a similar situation. I almost feel like I have to hurry up and have another before... what? I think I'm afraid this might be it for us. But really, it's not a good time, and we want more like a 3 year gap next time instead of 2 years. This is the first spring since 2009 that I haven't either been ttc or just had a baby, so it feels... weird.

Just gotta keep reminding yourself about your LONG-term plan (and all the various reasons for it)!
IHA/ISO
SweetMamaKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
1healthylady
Registered Users

Thanks for the support, ladies. It's really nice to know that I'm not alone. It doesn't help that I'm 30 and I want 4 more, so I feel the clock ticking but at the same time I don't want them too close together. Ideally 2 1/2 years. The last few days have been easier as I have been exhausted!! We're in the middle of a move, my mom is coming down tonight for a week's visit, and DD keeps waking up entirely too early (growth spurt?). I think I'm good for now. lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Surfergirl820
Registered Users
seller

I am glad I am not the only one! I was having these same feelings and it was great to read this thread. I have a list of things I want to do before I have another LO and when it gets hard to wait I look at my list.
Surfergirl820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
crunch!910
Registered Users

Been having these thoughts of... well... we could just not be as careful, and if it happens, it happens! since baby was about 9 months old. I did NOT experience this with my oldest. At this point was I NO WAY ready for another baby. Honestly, if it happened, it wouldn't be the end of the world this time. Financially, probably, yes. But could I handle it? Ya.. I think so. Then I snap out of hte hormones and think about that we would be outnumbered, and when I had the kids with just me, I'd have a challenging 4 year old, a less than 2 year old that I likely wouldn't be able to trust to walk and hold my hand yet, and would somehow have to figure out how to carry him AND a newborn,.. and then realize that maybe it wouldn't be such a smart idea. Ha

Part of me thinks, eh, I'm fat already and I want my kids close in age. But then part of me thinks, I but I realllly need to lose 10-20lbs before becoming pregnant again for my own health. But then I think, eh, I'd just gain it all right back, why not get baby years out of the way and I'll lose it later.

Baby is 12 months right now, I'm VERY fertile and having ovulation spotting, and my HUSBAND is even having baby fever!!..... Boy do I get it.

I know its the hormones talking. But when I think about the age gap between my oldest and my youngest if I were to get pregnant right now (it'd be 4.5 years difference), part of me does think that we should just go for it, and then DH can get snipped when I'm 36wks. I sometimes really envy baby bunchers because I really don't want huge age gaps beteween the kids, but I feel like I need those gaps for my sanity. But here I am wishing I could just have a surprise pregnancy.

And then I remember I'll be sick all day, all night, vomiting twice an hour for 5 months straight, lose weight, and then need another csection. SEE??? Oh my gosh, the back and forth drives me nuts!