Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Will this work?

For my newborn stash I have:

12 premie prefolds

12 XS Imagine perfect fit prefolds

1 New newborn Alva baby pocket

2 Old style newborn Alva baby pockets

6 Little Lions Cozy cub newborn fitteds

1 newborn Imagine bamboo fitted

2 Newborn Imagine AIO

2 Newborn Bumgenius AIO

4 newborn WAHM AIO

For Covers I have:

1 Thirsties XS

1 Thirsties Duo Size 1

1 Imagine Newborn

1 BSB Newborn

My other three babies were 6.2, 6.7, 6.12 in weight. So I expect this one to be right around 7ish pounds. Do I need to add anything or does it sound like I have pretty good coverage?

Advertisement

tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would get a few more covers. It looks like you have a lot of prefolds and sometimes those aren't the best for poo containment, at least for me.
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Will this work?

What would you suggest for the poo containment? I have never cloth diapered before so looking for any and all advice. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i agree, unless oyu plan on using a pin or snappie, you might want a couple more covers.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99 View Post
i agree, unless oyu plan on using a pin or snappie, you might want a couple more covers.
Ditto. I snappi and jelly roll so i dont get as many poop explosions but I still have about 7 covers JIC
Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I kind of picked the stash I did because of being flat broke, lol. I do plan on using a snappi. Have any of you ladies used Dappi Nylon pants? They are cheap and would help get my cover count up. Any other suggestions? I wanted a prorap but I talked to a couple of ladies that really discouraged that because of how tough the material is. Anyone else agree? What would you recommend for cheap newborn covers that would fit about a 7lber.?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytushi View Post
I kind of picked the stash I did because of being flat broke, lol. I do plan on using a snappi. Have any of you ladies used Dappi Nylon pants? They are cheap and would help get my cover count up. Any other suggestions? I wanted a prorap but I talked to a couple of ladies that really discouraged that because of how tough the material is. Anyone else agree? What would you recommend for cheap newborn covers that would fit about a 7lber.?
I got 2 thirsties duo size 1 off of FSOT for 4$ each. They needed a little tlc, or you could look in the FFS.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would try to snag 2 more thirsties duos. They usually are $8ppd on fsot. But, if someone has 2 u may be able to get them for $15ppd - that would be for vguc. I wouldn't buy any more newborn or xs covers if I were u. The great thing about the thirsties duos is they will last until about 6 months.

Then I would use ur extra cash to start picking up some infant sized prefolds. Your newborn will outgrow the preemie and xs sizes pretty quickly, so u will wanna start building up that stash.

Currently working on...Leading my heart where it should go....not yelling....and practicing patience.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Assunta store tiny covers are very similar to thirsties duo and about $5 each new. Check em out!
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I also forgot to mention that I have 1 dozen flour sack towels. Will these fit a newborn as well or only bigger babies?