Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question for Nannys or Mom Helpers -- short job?

Hi,

I wanted to get an idea what you Nannys or Mother Helpers think. If you were looking for a job and you saw a short parttime job available, would you apply for it? When my LO arrives I would be looking for someone 4 to 5 months probably 3 days a week (around maybe 8-10 hour days). Would you consider applying? I'm afraid i won't get any applications because of the short time frame.

Thanks

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Question for Nannys or Mom Helpers -- short job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Hi,

I wanted to get an idea what you Nannys or Mother Helpers think. If you were looking for a job and you saw a short parttime job available, would you apply for it? When my LO arrives I would be looking for someone 4 to 5 months probably 3 days a week (around maybe 8-10 hour days). Would you consider applying? I'm afraid i won't get any applications because of the short time frame.

Thanks
I probably would not if I were a professional nanny, just because I'd rather have something full time and longer term. Maybe, as a SAHM who could bring my kid(s) with me, I would consider a job like that.
BSWmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
nannyinsanity
Registered Users
seller

Yes, definitely, if it fit my current schedule needs. I have one flex kid (9 hrs a day, 3-4 days a week, keep him @ my house and take him anywhere I want to go during the day) and one non-flex kid (3 hrs a day, 5 days a week, I pick him up from school with my other nanny kid in the car & we go to his house for the rest of the afternoon). My situation is weird & unique though... If I could find an extra kid for the mornings I already have my flex kid, I would do it in a heartbeat. They are from different families and I have been their nanny since birth (4.5 years and 3 years now). The non-flex kid is my REAL job. The flex kid is my friend's child which is why I have such leeway with him.
Cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, breastfed-advocating, future-foster-parenting, art-making, mic-rocking, pro-photographing, world-traveling, thrifting fashionista NANNY extraordinaire to C (11/2008) and G (5/2010). ISO/IHA
nannyinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for Nannys or Mom Helpers -- short job?

Yeah I guess I was thinking of someone that is already okay with more of a parttime position. It's only 4 or 5 months, so on one hand you maybe don't really stop looking for a job but you just have a start date of a few months out versus now. Although it maybe parttime it probably would be 30 hours or close to it so not THAT parttime.

The last nanny job I posted for 10 months at least (child 1 year) and it ended up being over 18 months. We got a lot of responses. It started more parttime for a few months and the position grew from 25 hours to 38 and my nephew came over for 2 days a week for 9 months of it. I was able to state all that potential though.

Since we now have a GREAT daycare and less money we are thinking about trying to start daycare earlier, at 6 months, so I would be looking for a nanny (maybe a mother's helper depending on my unstable job) for 4-5 months leading up to that..... I guess I just post it and see what happens... I just hate not knowing.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 04-21-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote