Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
my brain seriously hurts right now...

i am actually considering destashing everything i own (except wool) and restashing to all/only FLATS!

sure they are great for trimness and all that but really i am 'starting' to have stink issues, and it isnt bad yet but i know it will be in no time...i want to rip my hair out!!!!!!

ive got 2 dozen GMD organic cotton browd edge prefolds (one purchsed new, and the other only prepped off fsot)
and then ive got 2 dozen organic cotton mother ease sandies (all new)

i love both of these, and spent so much money on this stash... but i dealt with stink with DD and it got so bad with her i do not want it to happen this time around too....

ive been using country save, pre rinse, wash and extra rinse..i ususally do wither hot or warm water with every cycle...i never did cold rinses because i was worried this would happen....

country save just isnt cutting it, but i need something that is eco friendly...i just got sum 'planet' powder, i didnt notice when i got it but it ha SLS in it so i wont be purchasing that again... help me plz!!! tia

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
MomandE
Registered Users
seller

I am selling off everything and going with only flats for my 2yo and my newbie due in June. I'm bummed out since fitteds are easy, I even live prefolds. But for me, my water has changed and I can't get anything clean smelling (after pees) except flats.
MomandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: my brain seriously hurts right now...

I think it's all I post these days, but flats are amazing. They wash so well, work great, they're the trimmest diaper I've used, and they are really versatile. Plus, they're super inexpensive.

+ + + + + my boutique baby shop
Nattiecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
webMistress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I tried Country Save with moderately hard water & a FL & had nothing but problems. I know a lot if mamas like it for hard water but it didn't work here. I either had stink or build up or both, & DD had rashes.

We went back to Charlie's for all laundry & it's been great. I have a mix of flats, prefolds, & fitteds. I add Charlie's booster (helps soften the water) and biokleen oxygen bleach. Also use Bacout in the prewash most of the time. I used Charlie's in really soft water when we lived in SC w/ good results too.

Get Cash Back Just By Shopping Online at Ebates! I just earned a $23 Amazon Gift Card!
webMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tide. I couldnt do fitteds without tide.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tide is the only things that has worked consistently for us, too. Charlie's Soap was the runner up, though. And Country Save was like washing with nothing, sadly :-(

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
LaniMommy187
Registered Users

My Mood:

I gave up on "diaper safe" soaps shortly after starting CD'ing I had such BAD stink! I switched to seventh generation soap. Not one problem sense. And my water is so hard it might as well be gravel!
LaniMommy187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:23 AM   #8
eflannery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We use either Ecos or the Kirkland Environmentally safe soap for both diapers and our clothes and we are happy with both. I don't think either has SLS (3 of us in the house break out from SLS).

Mama to Regan Louise Born July 5, 2007
and Quinn Annmarie : Born March 30th, 2013
Baby #3 expected to arrive June 14th, 2015!
eflannery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
Oakleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: t***om
seller
seller

My Mood:

Biokleen Premium Plus powder (with enzymes), Vaska, and Clorox Greenworks seem to be some of the better green detergents. The Greenworks can get super sudsy in a FL, however.

I am naughty and use Persil. It is German detergent, but probably not very green.

Last edited by Oakleaf; 04-13-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Oakleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #10
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are you adding any disinfectant? Like oxy type bleach?