Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Registered Users
Grovia prefolds.

Anyone use the grovia prefolds?? What are your thoughts on absorbency and how trim are they (say compared to GMD or the snap in soakers)?? What size do you use trifolded in the shells?

Mmharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Grovia prefolds.

mummalovesO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Registered Users
I am really liking mine. I am currently using size 2 folded side ways on the smallest rise for my babe who is two months now.

I also have gmd yellows.They are almost the same size, but a tiny bit narrower. While yellows are square, the grovia size 2 prefolds are about an inch narrower than they are long, which is why I am finding them sideways to fit in the lowest rise. If I needed the length even smaller, you could turn them sideways, fold down the "back", and then trifold. Because they are only 4 layers thick there, it isn't bulky folding them that way.

Even though they are almost the same size as yellows, they aren't as bulky. The center panel of the gmds are wider. The grovia prefolds also squish more, so they are less bulky that way, too. They are floppier, and remind me of good quality unbleached Indian pfs in softness and feel.

As far as absorbency,I would say they are about the same? That is harder to tell. But the bamboo of the grovia doesn't get the cold wet feel that cotton does. It doesn't feel as "soppy" if that makes sense.

I like them both a lot. Right now grovia is my preference because my babe is small and less bulk is good. And I couldn't really fold the yellows sideways, because of the thicker center panel, and because they are almost square anyways.

I got my prefolds in the earth day sale. Without that discount, I would be using gmd yellows snappied on and be happy with them.
Jenn, mom to Trent, Gavin, Abbie, Carolyn, Bethany, and Ariel! is awesome,Swagbucks really works, and earn rebates with Ebates!

Last edited by GodStillTalks; 05-04-2013 at 12:58 PM.
GodStillTalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Registered Users
I am on the other end, using size 3 prefolds at the middle rise. They are absolutely more absorbent than snap in soakers at this size, though slightly bulkier. I don't have a ton of prefolds to compare to, but the 100%cotton prefolds I have are definitely bulkier and don't hold nearly as much (they leak every time, the GroVias never do. ). I can use a GroVia size 3 and. GroVia booster overnight with my 23 month old
Wife, Mother, WAHM, and cding nut!
DD 1-27-09 DS 6-8-11
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:
I bought a pack of size 3 to try and wish I would have bought a dozen! They are so soft and absorbent- I use them trifolded in a GroVia cover or a flip cover. Just ordered more, can't wait till they get here!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
My Mood:
Haven't tried gmd, but the Grovias are absorbent and fairly trim, I'd say. We love them.

Sent from my iPhone- forgive the craziness
mama of two lovely kids!
Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:
I have some and love them. I don't find them any more trim than any other prefold, but they do seem to be a little more absorbent.
Nicole - Super busy momma to six of God's blessings - Brie 19, Donovan 16, Sam 12, Hannah 9, Leila 7, and Caleb 3
nikkic1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Registered Users
Re: Grovia prefolds.

I have size 3, they aren't even fully prepped yet but are absorbing much more than my cotton prefolds. They are much bulkier than grovia snap-in soakers in my opinion, especially since I am folding down the front a bit for length and extra absorbency in the front for my little man. I had Thirsties prefolds, those were less bulky, but not by much.
ahblessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
Registered Users
My Mood:
them!! They are far more absorbent than the GMD yellow we were using. They are soft and I find them very trim.

Most likely nursing and typing. Please pardon any mistakes.
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote