Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

squinters? possible m/c and unplanned pregnancy mentioned

Not sure if this is the right place at all to post but I'm at a loss. Please move if needed.
I got my last true period around Feb 10th. We either dtd the night before or my period started same day. Normal cycle. I noted on my old ddc that I was a few days late around march 13th. But since I am nursing (can't say the other word for it? it got starred out?) a 10 mo old, I figured it was just that (I got ppaf at about 6-8 wks) or that I'm premenopausal (I'm 42). So I get it about 10-12 days "late". My cycles are usually 2 days, nausea, irritability, cramps. This was super light for 2 days but then got darker and heavier each day. After about a week with me passing larger clots and bright red blood, I started having severe backache. Like I thought I injured it bc I was in agony all night. The next day I felt something weird hanging out of me. It was tissue. I didn't think to check the toilet bc e everyday it was bright red with blood, I couldn't see anything aside from shapes I assumed were all clots. Still not 'getting it' I googled "tissue' and it said m/c. Since we had only dtd on AF day, it never dawned on me. So, a few days later.I take a test. Faint positive. (I've had 7 other pregnancies and even my one m/c yrs ago showed strong positives). After that the bleeding stops for a week. 3 more faint positives and more spotting, only this time its bright red, sometimes dark red mucus and only when I wipe.
I don't feel pregnant. Aside from the m/c, I always have a hyper sensitive smell and varying degrees of nausea and irritability. Except this time. My dh said my hips were getting bigger but my eating has been the same with added walking.
Going to doc not an option right now (would wait and test again in a week or 2- cuz then I have to go thru rigamirol of Medicaid ).
One thing to note, I did bleed with my last 2 pregnancies but never tissue. And wouldn't the positives get darker? Id be like 2 mo pg if I am. They are the dollar store tests but that's always what I take. If I've lost
the baby, how long til my body gets a clue? When I m/c before, the twins had passed at 6 wks but I didn't start to bleed until 12 after a transvag sono.

Left to right is oldest to newest, all taken w/I a wk

Attachment 140238

Top is oldest

Attachment 140239

Thanks for sticking with this post

my droid RAZR HD is responsible for the contents of this post

Advertisement

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 03-25-2014 at 11:29 AM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: squinters? possible m/c and unplanned pregnancy mentioned

sounds like a miscarriage. tissue coming out is not good but if you were preggo with twins, you could have lost one and still be pregnant.
what do the lines on your tests show now? darker or lighter?
if its darker, you are still pregnant
Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #3
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
sounds like a miscarriage. tissue coming out is not good but if you were preggo with twins, you could have lost one and still be pregnant.
what do the lines on your tests show now? darker or lighter?
if its darker, you are still pregnant
Did the pictures show up? The lines look the same to me (all light) and not changing over the week. Usually as I am pots, the positive line comes up before the pee fully hits and these times, it doesn't show until I've left the bathroom and come back.

My other question is, if I m/c'd, how long til my body gets the message?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

It sounds like you are having a miscarriage....but it

A. Is not complete and there is still placental tissue to pass

B. It was twins and one remains

If it was a complete miscarriage the tests would be getting lighter quickly and disappear soon. Its okay to wait it out if you are comfortable with it, but nothing in the vagina and keep an eye on your temp to make sure you don't have a fever. If you bleed heavily, notice and off smell or run a fever you need to go to the Dr/hospital. You could also go in to find out what is going on....it is about your comfort level

(I am a lay midwife that is not practicing)

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

thank you!! I love lay midwives, one delivered my 4th but we don't have them in VA anymore
The spotting I have now is only sometimes when I wipe. Never on my undies or in the toilet.
I think the twin thing is very possible. I just don't get why the tests wouldn't be getting darker, why I don't feel pregnant and how on earth I got pregnant on my period!

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 04-16-2013 at 08:20 AM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When you say you are pre-menopausal, do you know that for sure? That can cause false positives too. I read a study about it where women in their 40s and 50s had HCG levels of 6-19 but were not pregnant but were pre and post menopausal. Hopefully you get an answer soon mama.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you remember when you dtd before the day of af? Maybe you were already pregnant?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineMama View Post
When you say you are pre-menopausal, do you know that for sure? That can cause false positives too. I read a study about it where women in their 40s and 50s had HCG levels of 6-19 but were not pregnant but were pre and post menopausal. Hopefully you get an answer soon mama.
No, I meant that was a possible explanation I had told myself for the late period. I didn't know that about the false positives. I mean, something happened bc I lost tissue. Thank you, I'll look into that!

Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
Do you remember when you dtd before the day of af? Maybe you were already pregnant?
No. Maybe a month before? Its been a long dry spell for us. And my Feb period (the day we did it) was normal. Scary thought as I would be like almost 4 no pregnant!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I passed tissue and clots with my last pregnancy. The baby turned one this week. I was not having twins as I had an u/s the day of my BFP and only one sac was present. My tests like yours never got darker either. The Answer brand got darker though. I would go to the doc and get the letter confirming your pregnancy then bring it in for your Medicaid. Once you do that you can get an ultrasound to date the pregnancy.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote