Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #11
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: squinters? possible m/c and unplanned pregnancy mentioned

if you cannot go to the dr and you have retained tissue, angelica root will help start contractions to expel it out. I found that when I had my major miscarriage I bled very heavy until it all came out then it just stopped.
also bleeding can come and go. i feel like its a way for your body to recoup for a bit before it does more work.

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I passed tissue and clots with my last pregnancy. The baby turned one this week. I was not having twins as I had an u/s the day of my BFP and only one sac was present. My tests like yours never got darker either. The Answer brand got darker though. I would go to the doc and get the letter confirming your pregnancy then bring it in for your Medicaid. Once you do that you can get an ultrasound to date the pregnancy.
Well I guess I'd go to health dept for test bc its $15. If I go to doc and I'm not pg, I'm out prob $100-200 for visit!

Can't multiquote but I thought about taking the angelica route but only if I was certain. I wouldn't want to cause harm if there us a sticky in there!

Someone mentioned hcg numbers if levels.... are there home tests for that?

I wish I had more of my period history. All that stuff was on an app on my iPhone and I switched to droid and lost it.

my droid RAZR HD is responsible for the contents of this post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Well I guess I'd go to health dept for test bc its $15. If I go to doc and I'm not pg, I'm out prob $100-200 for visit!

Can't multiquote but I thought about taking the angelica route but only if I was certain. I wouldn't want to cause harm if there us a sticky in there!

Someone mentioned hcg numbers if levels.... are there home tests for that?

I wish I had more of my period history. All that stuff was on an app on my iPhone and I switched to droid and lost it.

I never had Medicaid make me pay for a visit ever before. Not sure if it is the same in every state. Maybe a Planned Parenthood can help too. As long as you have a note you should be fine. Hospital clinic may also do the tests for cheap. Or if you have a Free Clinic in your area.

The test for hCG levels is a blood test that cannot be done at home. You will need to see a doc for that. If you are a few months along, I would recommend just getting an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. You would be able to see a baby at this point.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

No, I wouldn't have to pay for the visit IF I am pregnant. But if I am not, then who pays for the visit? Not medicaid since I can't get medicaid until I have proof of pregnancy. Last time, I was bleeding and I went to the ER and they did an u/s and that was proof. But they still sent me tons of bills until the medicaid went thru and was retroactive. But if I have lost the baby(ies) than I don't think it would count, kwim?

I don't really want an u/s, I try to avoid them at all costs, but with all this going on, I think it will be unavoidable.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
No, I wouldn't have to pay for the visit IF I am pregnant. But if I am not, then who pays for the visit? Not medicaid since I can't get medicaid until I have proof of pregnancy. Last time, I was bleeding and I went to the ER and they did an u/s and that was proof. But they still sent me tons of bills until the medicaid went thru and was retroactive. But if I have lost the baby(ies) than I don't think it would count, kwim?

I don't really want an u/s, I try to avoid them at all costs, but with all this going on, I think it will be unavoidable.
Oh you do not have insurance now? I thought you had it already. I would see if you have a free clinic in your area. They go by income. They might be able to get you a test for free and then a note to apply for pregnancy Medicaid.

You will need to date the pregnancy and see if the baby(ies) are okay. They will probably want to do one ultrasound to just make sure all is good.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I peed on a lot of tests this pregnancy, at around 7 weeks my test line started getting much, much lighter. Some research showed that that as hCG levels really start to increase, there's a "hook effect" that causes the test line to get lighter. So, after a certain time, no, your tests wouldn't necessarily be getting darker.

Hoping it all works out for you.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #17
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Oh you do not have insurance now? I thought you had it already. I would see if you have a free clinic in your area. They go by income. They might be able to get you a test for free and then a note to apply for pregnancy Medicaid.

You will need to date the pregnancy and see if the baby(ies) are okay. They will probably want to do one ultrasound to just make sure all is good.
no, I don't have insurance. If I did I wouldn't need medicaid? I don't know how some people's works, but everytime I have had insurance, my pregnancies were covered 100% (except when I used a lay midwife). The free clinic is a hassle, from what I can tell, but I know the health dept does them for $15. I have gone to one of the crisis care centers with my 2 yr old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisu View Post
I peed on a lot of tests this pregnancy, at around 7 weeks my test line started getting much, much lighter. Some research showed that that as hCG levels really start to increase, there's a "hook effect" that causes the test line to get lighter. So, after a certain time, no, your tests wouldn't necessarily be getting darker.

Hoping it all works out for you.

Oh! Very interesting! I am learning all sorts of things from this thread.

Except the "am I definitely pregnant or not", lol.

I am putting it off.....for many reasons
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I thought you were already on Medicaid. I am even when not pregnant. I would pay the $15 then and just go get the note. I am sure it will be easy to get Medicaid after that. I would do it soon as you want to be sure all is good.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #19
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I thought you were already on Medicaid. I am even when not pregnant. I would pay the $15 then and just go get the note. I am sure it will be easy to get Medicaid after that. I would do it soon as you want to be sure all is good.
No, even with my kidney disease I don't qualify for Medicaid. In va, it doesn't matter your income, you only get medicaid if you're a kid or a pregnant mom or have some other parameter. My kidney disease didn't even matter. I am thinking of waiting a week or so in case I just still have hormones rushing thru me and I did m/c

Old 04-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #20
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

I'm drive-by posting, but some pregnancy resource centers have an ultrasound machine. They could probably give you a test as well. It sounds like you are waiting things out for now, but thought I'd throw it out there.