Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dealing with clothes

Maybe I'm just being crazy but my boys are almost 5 and I'm questioning just letting them 'share' all their clothes. The only thing they don't share at this point is undies and I just split those about a year ago. I guess being an only child I'm obsessed with them having their own stuff because I don't know different. Do your twins share all their clothes as they get older? If not how do you keep them separate?

If I am crazy you can tell me that too

Advertisement

Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dealing with clothes

Well, my older twins are 5 and they are girl/boy. So, they don't share. However, I have 5 boys total. My younger twins, almost 3, do share everything. They have specific shirts that they consider belonging to a specific one. Like, they each have a dino shirt. They are different, but both dinos so similar. (they correct me if I try to put the wrong one on them.) Most of their clothing is worn by either boy. All their clothes are in one dresser together. They aren't potty trained yet, but I have every intention of them sharing undies too...for now...that will probably change by the age of 5, but who knows since I do hand down undies from my olders to my youngers. My older two boys are 2 years apart (one of them is the 5 year old twin). I often have them share each other's clothing for one reason or another, usually it is just what I find and say "here, this is your brothers, but it will fit you." They don't care. They don't usually share underwear, but have been known to.

That was long. Sorry. All that to say, yes, my boy/boy twins share almost all clothing and I anticipate that continuing for quite a while. It is just easier that way.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

My older two girls share shirts, but wear different pants sizes. They are 20 months apart
Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
meesh38
Registered Users
seller

My 1 yr old twins share everything. My 11 yr old twins are different sizes and they have had their "own" clothes for the past couple of years, but they are always borrowing each others clothes to make new outfits. It's cute. They each have their own dresser, but that only started a couple of years ago. At 5 years old though, if they don't care I would just let them share, it's much easier! I'm sure they would let you know when they want to change that.

Last edited by meesh38; 02-28-2013 at 03:48 PM.
meesh38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulMariposa View Post
My older two girls share shirts, but wear different pants sizes. They are 20 months apart
My two older girls are 20 months apart. They're not quite as old, but I figure within another year or two, when they're 5/3 or 6/4, they'll be in the same size shirt. And at that point I will just have them share. I may let them pick two or three each that are 'theirs', but everything else will be communal. They already share socks and undies and occasionally shirts already.

I'd say go for it OP.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay, taking this from a VERY different perspective, when my sister and I were younger we shared all of our clothes for the longest time. We weren't twins, but we wore pretty close to the same size even though we were a year and a half apart. It got a little challenging when it got to things like school uniforms (we went to Catholic school) because my sister was a little bigger than I was, and for general stuff it fit fine, but not for uniforms. Personally, I didn't have a problem with it until we got into 4th-5th grade and we no longer really fit the same clothes. I was older but she was bigger. Everyone thought we were twins, and if not that I was younger.

Honestly, my older two boys share a lot of the same clothes even though there's almost three years between them. My three year old is about the size of a 4-5 year old. My almost 6 year old is a little on the small size for his age, so it totally works. They have a couple of things that they don't like to share, but for the most part they're okay with sharing everything. It's not a bad way to go.
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

No twins here. But I have 4 boys (5 1/2, 4 1/2, 3 1/2, 1 1/2)...so all very close. Some could wear each others clothes....but my OCD does not allow that. Since I am the only one that does laundry, I know who's clothes are who's, and all boys have separate dressers, separate closets, and color coded hangers. So Elijah's clothes get big white hangers, Isaak's get small clear hangers, Ethan's get small green hangers, and Sheldon's get small blue hangers. Underwear I go by tags and never buy the same size for kids. Elijah does 6, Isaak does 4, Ethan does 2-3, and Sheldon wears the raggedy ones (I can visually tell which ones we've had for 5yrs. : /). Once Elijah outgrows something, it goes down to Isaak, and so on. Socks are a big deal. Elijah only wears black tube socks or white ankle socks WITH black soles. Isaak only wears white tube socks or white ankle socks WITH blue soles. Ethan only wears grey tube socks or grey ankle socks. And Sheldon wears multicolor socks, and no plain grey/black/blue socks. So nothing ever gets mixed up. I did buy all the same color socks and did the dot method (1 dot for oldest, 2 for middle, 3 for other middle, 4 for youngest) and add a dot as socks were passed down, but that was a lot of work keeping dots where they were visible and making dots on all new socks. Elijah and Isaak could share shirts. And Isaak and Ethan could share pants. But I keep everything separate. I think it all depends on preference. My older son would not like to share his stuff, but my younger boys would think it's awesome to be able to wear "bigger" brothers clothes. But I don't know if that would apply to twins since they are the same age. I say if they are fine with it, and you are fine with it, go for it.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh and my sister and I (1 1/2yrs. apart) shared clothes all throughout school, and still do. More me borrowing her clothes than her borrowing back HER old clothes that she let me have....but I've never minded it (obviously.....since I am getting the better end of stick) and she hasn't minded either. We share shoes too, bras, hats, purses, etc.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
Dahlia64
Banned

I dont think its a bad idea! Do it to tilln get sick of ot
Dahlia64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I don't have multiples nor many kids but if I had kids similar in size I would for sure let them share.