Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

six week checkup

I had an emergency c-sec at 34 weeks with my newest Ds because of placenta previa. All went well with the delivery and had glue for my incision with dissolvable stitches inside . I am approaching my six week checkup. Pp bleeding has almost stopped and I have just a little pulling pain when I am active. But i have moved out of state and don't really have an ob to get checked with for the six week follow up. My vaginal delivery checkup was a waste of time with ds1... how important is the c-sec six week follow up? Can I skip it safely?

Advertisement

RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

You shouldn't skip it. Csections are major surgery.

But, with my second csection I didn't go to my six week check up.
I just had a doctors appointment today (I'm pregnant) and everything seems good.
I never had any problems with healing and by six weeks the post partum bleeding was gone.

Last edited by Ashsmama; 04-16-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Ashsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Personally for me it's important to make sure scar tissue isn't building up and everything is healing fine. When you lay down the OB pushes around to make sure nothing is tender anywhere an make sure the incision is healed completely.
I've had 4 so it's a reasonable concern.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum most likely while nursing
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: six week checkup

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
Personally for me it's important to make sure scar tissue isn't building up and everything is healing fine. When you lay down the OB pushes around to make sure nothing is tender anywhere an make sure the incision is healed completely.
I've had 4 so it's a reasonable concern.

I would not skip it s you had surgery and need to be sure your healing as you should.
I had my pp check up at 2 weeks and then at 6 weeks went in just to choose bc.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wanted to add that I had a uterine infection that was diagnosed before my 6 week checkup. My only symptom was frequent urination which I thought could be a UTI. I only had a urinalysis because I took my dd in to get weighed and just happen to mention it. I also developed hypertension AFTER delivery at the same time. I was informed that pre-e can develop after delivery up to 6-8 weeks PP. If I hadn't gone in because of the infection and I slipped my PP check then my HBP would have gone unnoticed.

Even if you just need to pick someone quickly it's worth it to just get a once over.

I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oook you all convinced me. I wouldn't normally even consider skipping, but the way my insurance pays for maternity is global so I may have to pay out pocket. Better safe than sorry I suppose!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #7
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post

I would not skip it s you had surgery and need to be sure your healing as you should.
I had my pp check up at 2 weeks and then at 6 weeks went in just to choose bc.
Well I went in at 2 weeks already. So this is a second check. Still important?