Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #1
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HELP! I can't survive like this!

For the past week DS1 has been waking up between 5:30 and 6:00 every morning. DS2 wakes up too because he needs his diaper changed (which is normal but since there are lights on and I often have to take him to the bathroom where DS1 is he ends up waking up too.) I have no clue why!
We moved bed time up to between 7:30 amd 8 recently which moved his wake up time but that was a few weeks ago and he wasn't waking up THIS early!

I tried cutting out drinks after dinner since he has been waking up wet but it hasn't made a difference. The only thing I can think of is the weather change. The heat and A/C are off and we've just been using the fans in the house so its a bit warmer than usual. Now he just sleeps in a onsie and with a receiving blanket instead of jammies and his quilt...

I can't keep up with this!

Advertisement

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
how frustrating! How old is DS1?

DD goes through spells of this - 5am instead of 7, etc. how are DS's naps? Can you restrict it a bit, say 2 hrs instead of 2.5, etc and see if that helps?
Also, could it be the light since it is getting light earlier? Blackout curtains?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I think it's a normal phase. But hard to say since not sure on his age?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP! I can't survive like this!

I actually think his schedule is pretty reasonable (10 hours at night), though I know an extra hour in the morning would be nice! I think some two year old may sleep 12 hours at night, but mine doesn't. My son has always been an early riser, sometimes brutally so (before 5 am). For a good while now, his schedule has been similar to your son's and it works for him. (It also works for me because DH gets up with him.) He usually takes a good nap. I do not think there is anything we could do to make him sleep later.

Is it getting light out at 5:30-6:00 - maybe that is part of the issue?
BSWmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS1 is 26 months now. We actually already have black out curtains in his room. They are a little long so we bunch them up on the window sill to help and sometimes he pulls them down but its still not much light coming in. He usually naps for 2-3 hours during the day. Last night he stayed up until 9 because we ended up going out to eat and I went to bed right after I laid him down so today i wasn't a zombie. But the reason we decided to put him to bed earlier was so DH and I could have time to read/talk/etc. before bed without the little ones... :/

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

Sounds about right to me too. We do 9pm for the 2 year old, and he sleeps till 8. If I put him to bed at 7:30, he'd screamed till 10/11. lol
Old 04-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

Last year he did go to bed at 7, and he woke up at 6 every morning.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It sounds like he's getting enough sleep. When mine were 2yo, their bed time was 8pm and they'd be up by 6am, that's with a 2 hour afternoon nap.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I envy the parents whose kids sleep 12 hours at night. I don't think that will ever happen for us.

DD is 21 months and sleeps 10 hours at best. A good day is getting to sleep until 6:30am. She didn't sleep past 5:30am until just 3 months ago!
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Hang in there...it will get better!

By 26 months mine were both sleeping from 7:00 to 7:00. BUT until then they literally did not sleep through the night.

We no longer had naps at that age and I also started using the "Okay to wake" clock. That thing has made the biggest difference to how long they sleep in. I am the worlds meanest mother because now that they're 5 and 3 I set it for 9:00 am on weekends They don't sleep til then but they dont dare leave their rooms until the clock says its okay.