Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
Registered Users
3 month old with Night Terrors?

Is it possible for my 3 month old to have night terrors? For the past week she wakes up at 4 am wailing, totally inconsolable, frantic and unable to latch. This had normally been a time when she would eat, but now I have to take her out into the hall, turn on the light and talk to her to wake her up and calm her down so she'll eat. Does anyone have experience with this? Someone also mentioned growing pains as a possibility.

MrsFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Ds started waking up screaming around 2mos. It sounded like he was in great pain! I would have to turn on more lights, walk around, rub his back and talk gently but loud enough he could hear me. One time thinking it might be night terrors I left him alone like 'they' say youre suppose to. It just got worse and worse so I picked him up 2mos later he's still doing it but not as much and it doesnt take quite so much to soothe him. I have no idea whats going on but since its getting better I hope it ends soon. Sorry Im not much help
House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
My Mood:
Does not quite sound like night terrors, and I have not heard of them that young.
Although, my first child had his first night terror at 8 months old, which is also very unusual. He had a few more throughout his second year, and around 2 1/2 he had one at nap time at daycare!

To me it almost sounds like a pain or fright reaction. With night terrors, children do not actually respond to you/stimuli. They are still stuck between stages of sleep.
~Lana~ SAHM and EMT student to J 4/11/07, Asperger's, ADHD, ODD, MDNOS A 3/25/10, Autism N 10/14/11
GreenHome Sewing is offline   Reply With Quote