Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
hollydawn
Registered Users
seller

Anyone use workhorses with wool as a night diaper?

I really want to get my Lo in cloth at night. Right now the the only way we don't leak at night is a disposable with a stay dry microfiber booster and pul or wool.

I've tried thirsties fitteds and they just aren't good enough for night. they work fine for naps.

Last night I tried a Sbish happy little cloud with kiwi pie cover. I have No idea if it would have worked because Henry kept waking and was so restless. I put him in his sposie combo at 11 and he slept until 7. I think the sbish/wool combo was way too bulky.

Right now at nap he's in a kiwi pie fitted with a lovey bums wool wrap. It's is so much trimmer but I'm nervous to try it at night.

I have two ODC night time squish on the way but Ive ever used these before and I'm worried about bulk.

I'm wondering if a workhorse with maybe a hemp doubler with wool would work? I think this would be one of the trimmer solutions?

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

hollydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
aprilflower
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone use workhorses with wool as a night diaper?

I have occasionally used gmd workhorses with wool successfully. I personally like bamboo under wool but I don't ever use all of the inserts (like sbish have many inserts). I tend to reach for the couple of covered caboose bamboo fitted and put those under wool. I also like bamboo flats and tou can double up the flats and they will be extremely trim.
aprilflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

I use a workhorse at night with a large hemp babies doubler <--those are REALLY TRIM combined with wool. You want tight night wool so it doesn't wick through. Also for night I use homemade fleece liner and lay that inside for a stay dry feel.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, GMD brown workhorse and hemp baby large doubler was my go to for a long time... he's out grown them now so we are using other things... I love how easy this wash up even with all the pee in them

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
hollydawn
Registered Users
seller

Thanks !!
hollydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

My favorite combo is a GMD WH with a hemp doubler, sometimes two and wool. I Never use thick wool either. Although occasionally I have changed DD in the middle of the night cause her cover feels cool which means its damp.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote