Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
amberacc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Delete please

Delete

Advertisement

Last edited by amberacc; 05-02-2013 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Delete
amberacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
linzerin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help mamas - horrible diaper rash!!!

Depends on the type of rash. We battled yeast rashes twice in the first month (I had a LOT of antibiotics in labor) and the only thing that worked for us was lotrimin, grapefruit seed extract wash and sposies. Her rash were little red pinpoint bumps all along her bottom. Once I treated with the right stuff, it was gone in 2-3 days.
linzerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Helloloni
Registered Users
seller

We have pretty good luck with lots of naked time and coconut oil. We also use cover less fitteds when she's looking red.
Helloloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
amberacc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helloloni View Post
We have pretty good luck with lots of naked time and coconut oil. We also use cover less fitteds when she's looking red.
What cover less fitteds do you use?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
amberacc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzerin View Post
Depends on the type of rash. We battled yeast rashes twice in the first month (I had a LOT of antibiotics in labor) and the only thing that worked for us was lotrimin, grapefruit seed extract wash and sposies. Her rash were little red pinpoint bumps all along her bottom. Once I treated with the right stuff, it was gone in 2-3 days.
That is exactly what she has. I was also on antibiotics for a long time because my water broke at 32 weeks. When she was born 2 weeks later and they put her on antibiotics.

Did you just apply lotrimin directly and can I use cloth with that? I read about grapefruit extract. Do you think I could just use that if Lotrimin is not used with cloth? I read that you put 10-15 drops in distilled water and pat that on baby.

Lastly, did you or do you now bleach your dipes?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
Reel Life
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help mamas - horrible diaper rash!!! or Yeast!?

Tell us how much Country Save you are using, what temp you are using, are you doing an initial rinse cycle before the wash, have you used any sposies on her, and if so could you tell a difference with them, how long are you going in between changes (i.e. could baby be sitting in a wet diaper), have you tried a more traditional diaper rash cream and if so did she improve?

Your baby could be very sensitive to wetness, need more breathability in her diapers or be sensitive to the PUL in waterproof covers. Or other stuff. Details will help pin down the problem.
Reel Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh well then that is probably the culprit and it's yeast. Daily probiotic and yes bleach your diapers until the rash appears cleared. Triple Past AF (different from the regular Triple Paste) worked for me when it was bad then coconut oil and lots of air time.

ETA: Yes also make sure your diapers are truly getting clean. Be sure to use enough detergent.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
amberacc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
Oh well then that is probably the culprit and it's yeast. Daily probiotic and yes bleach your diapers until the rash appears cleared. Triple Past AF (different from the regular Triple Paste) worked for me when it was bad then coconut oil and lots of air time.

ETA: Yes also make sure your diapers are truly getting clean. Be sure to use enough detergent.
Did you use sposies with the triple paste? How do you use coconut oil and where did you get it?

Thanks!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
amberacc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Life View Post
Tell us how much Country Save you are using, what temp you are using, are you doing an initial rinse cycle before the wash, have you used any sposies on her, and if so could you tell a difference with them, how long are you going in between changes (i.e. could baby be sitting in a wet diaper), have you tried a more traditional diaper rash cream and if so did she improve?

Your baby could be very sensitive to wetness, need more breathability in her diapers or be sensitive to the PUL in waterproof covers. Or other stuff. Details will help pin down the problem.
I fill my CS scoop to the first line (HE line), do a cold pre-rinse (with extra water manually added - HE washer), sanitary heavy duty wash with cold rinse (temp is set much higher than I know a house should be - a battle with DH - 140+), CS and 1/4 scoop of oxyclean used, extra rinse.

Sposies (pampers) used for first 2 weeks. No rash until recently. Cloth wipes and water only used to clean her. We change her every 2-4 hours when she is sleeping - sooner when she is awake. We have not tried any other rash treatments other than Grovia Magic Stick.

Anything else?? Thanks so much!!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
77Lipen
Registered Users

If its yeast I just switch to disposables, treat the yeast with OTC cream
Wash on hot the diapers with bleach, or tto, or gse, or colloidal silver. And really really rinse.

But really if you put the yeast diapers aside for at least a week, the yeast should die.

Then if you also get the yeast cleared up on baby you should be good to go again. But make sure that yeast is good and cleared up for a couple days.

Or you can constantly treat, but its just easier to switch to sposies.
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote