Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Reese62299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Charlie Horses?

Anyone experiencing or have experienced charlie horses while pregnant?? They are pretty bad and EVERYWHERE. I mainly get them in my outer thighs and butt. Occasionally in my calves but they are an every day occurrence. We aren't finding out what we are having but I am thinking girl now LOL. Both boys no charlie horses but both my girls I got them, even while pushing during labor

If you have any suggestions on what helped you, please share!

Advertisement

Reese62299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yes it is a lack of potassium I believe. Eating a banana a day was recommended by my OB and it worked
Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Charlie Horses?

With my first I got one in my calf several times. It's actually something that happens to me occasionally anyway -- but later in pg it seemed to happen more often.... I forgot about that, something maybe to look forward too..
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got one a month ago in my calf and I woke up in pain! I had to kick it with my other leg to get it to relax.

Yep need more potassium...bananas are great!
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I got them with my girl and my boy

Definitely bananas.

I got one so bad near the end that the pain lasted for 2 days. In my calf. That one sucked!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

I've gotten them every pregnancy, boy and girls. I'm taking a potassium supplement right now, so it's been less this time, thankfully.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:21 AM   #7
Reese62299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, I eat bananas everyday in smoothies plus just by themselves and make ice cream with them! I'll eat more LOL Thank you
Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #8
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been getting these recently almost every night (in the middle of the night). Didn't know I needed bananas. I am worried that if I had too many bananas though I would have other issues (bowel issues). So what is the right prune to banana ratio in order to be normal?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #9
Reese62299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I have been getting these recently almost every night (in the middle of the night). Didn't know I needed bananas. I am worried that if I had too many bananas though I would have other issues (bowel issues). So what is the right prune to banana ratio in order to be normal?
Right! LOL well I've been eating at least 3-4 bananas a day but also an apple or two, along with spinach, avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc...and so far no bowel issues. Eat lots of variety of fruits n veggies and you'll be fine
Old 04-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #10
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese62299 View Post
Right! LOL well I've been eating at least 3-4 bananas a day but also an apple or two, along with spinach, avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc...and so far no bowel issues. Eat lots of variety of fruits n veggies and you'll be fine
Hmm... I just got a smoothy e-book as part of a bundle. Maybe I should see if I can make a smoothy every day. I guess I will have to see if my blender can handle greens.