Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #11
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Horrible mom at grocery store

Aww...my second one was a screamer...I barely left the house with her b/c it was so bad. Good luck! I'm so glad that lady was nice to you.

Advertisement

and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #12
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I had to drag my baby and 2 year old to Target. Had just dropped oldest at school. NEEDED diapers, like hoping baby doesn't have a blow out cuz she's wearing her last diaper. Realized when I got there I had forgotten my nipple shield (which I can't nurse without and that size isn't carried in stores!). Baby hungry and steaming, 2 year old screaming cuz I shoved her in the stroller so it'd be fast (for once!), NEED diapers. I cried the whole way home!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #13
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra
I had to drag my baby and 2 year old to Target. Had just dropped oldest at school. NEEDED diapers, like hoping baby doesn't have a blow out cuz she's wearing her last diaper. Realized when I got there I had forgotten my nipple shield (which I can't nurse without and that size isn't carried in stores!). Baby hungry and steaming, 2 year old screaming cuz I shoved her in the stroller so it'd be fast (for once!), NEED diapers. I cried the whole way home!!
I LOL'd at this! Only because unless you've been there you really can't imagine NOT consoling your baby. Gosh, Levi is colic to the Max. Reflux they say. Idk :/ I have tried many times, nursing while I shop, beco, moby, pacifier holding, yadadada. He literally doesn't want anything. I cry alot. And still cried once I reached the parking the lot. Lol.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #14
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama. The first thing I thought as I started reading was I bet this mama had no other choice. I'm so sorry you had a tough day, but so glad someone was thoughtful and made it that little bit easier.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hate when I have to drag a sick or tired kid somewhere I NEED to go.
My first thought was "oh great someone is pointing out all the normal moms with screaming kids to make themselves seem like stellar parents"
Then I saw who posted.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum most likely while nursing
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #16
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's so good to remember how much a kind stranger can help so we can try to be that kind stranger when we have a chance.

I will always remember a young woman named Ann who helped me through a huge airport. I was hugely pregnant and all alone with a 3yo, and a 2yo pushing a double stroller loaded down with all our stuff after a looooong flight. The 3yo was throwing an all out fit yelling and flailing. He wouldn't even walk and I couldn't get him buckled into the stroller. (I'll spare you the details on the issue but there was no way I could resolve it for him. Trust me I tried!) So I am trying to carry the kicking screaming kid and push the loaded down stroller with the 2yo in it with one hand through this huge airport. Everyone was giving me nasty looks. It was so frustrating. But this young woman who was all by herself just asked if she could help me. At first I said no just because I was so overwhelmed and really couldn't think of how she could possibly help. But she said, "How about if I push the stroller for you?" I agreed and God bless her- that sweet girl calmly helped me all the way to baggage claim where I shoved Mr. Screamer into Daddy's waiting arms. I doubt I really thanked her well enough just because I was so so so done. I wish I could find her and tell her how kind she was.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #17
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So nice to know there are kind strangers still. My first was a screamer and with a SO that worked out of town it wasn't an option not to go. I dreaded it not because of the screaming but because of the looks and the judgement.

One day was so horrible. I was sick, my dd was screaming more than ever and it was so busy, despite my attempt to go at a down time.
I was next in line and wasn't really paying attention as I was trying to get dd out of the sling into the carseat. When I looked up my groceries were bagged and paid for. The lady that was in front of me was gone but I will never forget her and continue to pay it forward even 7 years later.
I know it seems far away right now but one day in the future you will be the other mom that makes someone's day just that much brighter.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #18
jasminegrl
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmom View Post
One day was so horrible. I was sick, my dd was screaming more than ever and it was so busy, despite my attempt to go at a down time.
I was next in line and wasn't really paying attention as I was trying to get dd out of the sling into the carseat. When I looked up my groceries were bagged and paid for. The lady that was in front of me was gone but I will never forget her and continue to pay it forward even 7 years later.
I know it seems far away right now but one day in the future you will be the other mom that makes someone's day just that much brighter.
this is super sweet
Old 04-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #19
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Oh what a nice mama!!! I will have to do that sometime

My 11 mo old is generally a pissed off person. If I'm not actively walking or dancing he tries to arch out of the back of the carrier. So at lacrosse games, what makes him not scream the whole time? Climbing the bleachers and tasting rocks. The 1st time one of my friend's noticed it? "Jul! He has a rock in his mouth!" Last night when he was shrieking at the game? "Jul! Give him a rock!" LMAO

my droid RAZR HD is responsible for the contents of this post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #20
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh poor dear I am so glad there was a sweet lady to lift you up a bit. I bet most of us have gotten in the car and bawled. I know I have.