Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
mamalopez
Registered Users

favorite diapers

So I am not a new mom, this will be baby number four for us, but I am new to cloth diaperimg. So I was wondering what is everyone's favorite kind of diaper or diapering system and why? Also is one kind better for newborn verses toddlers. I have a one year old also and my four year old still uses trainers at night. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

mamalopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: favorite diapers

Oh geez, we have only DD, but we've done a lot of CD routines.

When DD was a nb, we had a couple fitteds, a couple AIOs, & mostly pfs w/ Prorap covers. I wasn't good at keeping nb poo in w/ the pfs, but I didn't mind using them...I couldn't have used them w/ wool, though. For nb, my absolute favorite was Dream-Eze AIOs; I was so sad when they stopped making them & would love something similar this time around. Now it's twins, & even though I love pfs, I can't imagine finagling a pf, snappie, cover, & clothes as the other baby cries, KWIM? So I'm thinking a combo of workhorse/prefitteds & AIOs, probably whatever cheapies I can get through co-op.

After that, we did a combo of fitteds/wool (given to us by SIL, mostly) & I liked them. They weren't the handiest since we both WOH, but we liked them when we were home w/ DD. We also had plenty of pfs, which we used in our PUL covers...I loved them, but they weren't DP's favorite. I liked the ease of use & easy washing, but DP preferred the better fit of fitteds. We also had a bunch of pockets for daycare. I didn't use them much, even when we were home--I didn't like stuffing them, & I don't think we would have kept more than a couple (for the diaper bag or car) if we hadn't needed them for DC.

A few mos before PTing, DD just refused CDs...Ihonestly didn't mind We didn't have a lot of laundry problems or anything, but DD did have food sensitivity/lactose intolerance issues for a long time; spending 1/2hr+ every night spraying diapers wasn't the highlight of my day. Oh, and she was a heavy enough wetter that we gave up CDing at night around 12-15mos...she just peed through everything & PUL at night gave her a rash, so we switched to nighttime sposies. I hated spending the money on them, but the WalMart brand are quite a bit cheaper & they work well, too, though the sizing is a bit smaller than the Huggies Overnights.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote