Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Corgi
Registered Users

Nesting already!? Or just going crazy?

I'm not sure why, but all week I've just wanted to get rid of things. Like.. everything I own. I don't know if it's early nesting kicking in, or the fact I'm moving soon, but the more I look through closets and drawers, the more I don't want ANY of it. Hubby would be a pack rat if I wold allow it, but I'm talking... I want to get rid of EVERYTHING. I did laundry today and was like "Hmm, I only really wear about 5 of my shirts, why do I even have more than that?! I should just give them all away! And then I tore through my already fairly bare closet and put a whole bag of clothes together. Who really NEEDS 4 pairs of yoga pants?
And why do I have so many dishes?! And why do we have so many bath towels?! And WHO needs this many cloth diapers?!

...am I officially losing my mind?

Advertisement

someone new Nov 2015.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nesting already!? Or just going crazy?

I get like that sometimes not sure if it from being pregnant or because i get sick and tired of having to clean everything up. I am only 18 weeks pregnant and have already decluttered so much over 3 vans full of stuff, but it doesnt ever feel like enough stuff is getting donated.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Go hang out in the minimalist forum, it's awesome. I'm buying a ridiculous amount of stuff and it's so hard to control. At 6 weeks my baby already has 6 woolies, gah!
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
Corgi
Registered Users

I really am not much of a shopper, unless it comes to baby stuff (but I did a SERIOUS destash of 70 dipes today, so... Progress!) or dog stuff... But the problem is my MIL. She means well, but she has a SERIOUS shopping/ borderline hoarding problem and every time she visits she brings tons of gifts. I'm talking whole bags of just STUFF. Most of it, we don't like, and it ends up stored away until I toss it. I feel bad because I know she is trying to be nice, I'm just particular about decor and stuff in my house and I HATE to say it and sound stuck up but I buy quality, and am content with less, and she buys for quantity and a lot of it is just junky stuff. Gosh, that sounds horrible. I don't know how to confront her on the issue, other than I make it a point to tell her we don't need ANYTHING before she comes to visit. I don't mean to sound ungreatful or stuck up, I just feel like clutter is taking over. I wish she would buy for people who need it.
someone new Nov 2015.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote