Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lightheaded, dizzy, blacking out and exhausted to the max...should I call OB?

I'm at 5.5 weeks. With Ds I felt like this at around 8 months along...so I was almost done. I blacked out at work and called OB and OB had me take extra iron pill and it solved it. I'm anemic. Today and yesterday along with nausea and exhaustion I have been blacking out momentarily and getting really dizzy and I have a headache. Should I call the OB tomorrow and ask if I should go on an extra iron pill again or would you just start it?

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Lightheaded, dizzy, blacking out and exhausted to the max...should I call OB?

I would just start taking the slow fe iron pill, target has a generic for it. You sound anemic
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lightheaded, dizzy, blacking out and exhausted to the max...should I call OB?

I would go ahead and take it. Get some rest and drink as much as you can manage.

Are you blacking out when moving or just when standing still?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
I would just start taking the slow fe iron pill, target has a generic for it. You sound anemic
I still have some b/c I used to take them for anemia but the OB had me just stay on prenatal vitamins after I had Ds b/c when I went off I got so sick. I'll take one in the morning and see if it helps. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
I would go ahead and take it. Get some rest and drink as much as you can manage.

Are you blacking out when moving or just when standing still?
When moving. I slept all night last night and woke up this morning sick. Laid on the couch watching Mickey Mouse with my baby until he napped then I slept until just before he woke up. The only reason I woke up then is because my hubby came home for lunch. Otherwise all I want to do is sleep. If I'm doing too much I black out. I'm also really feeling raging mad and have to really work to not be mean to my family...it's awful.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Irob builds up over time. Taking one is not going to fix an issue with anemia.

You should take one extra iron pill a day. Some prenatals dont even have iron in them so you should check labels.

60 mg is the highest recommended daily dosage.

I would make sure you are not dehydrated. Def drink more water.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody

You should take one extra iron pill a day. Some prenatals dont even have iron in them so you should check labels.

I read OP as taking an iron pill daily, can't imagine she just took one and all was well.

OP, can't hurt to call and ask but my OB had me on iron daily as well. Now I'm on two a day post birth because I was so low still.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am feeling the same exact way with the addition of my ears getting very hot when I start seeing black. My MW told me to start taking chlorophyll capsules again but I am a total slacker and haven't. I am going to start today.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post

I take 50 mg when I take them and I take them daily...along with a daily prenatal. Water makes me sick so I've drinking gatorade, tea or carbonated water...sometimes I can handle water with lemon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I read OP as taking an iron pill daily, can't imagine she just took one and all was well.

OP, can't hurt to call and ask but my OB had me on iron daily as well. Now I'm on two a day post birth because I was so low still.
I had to take them twice daily for a week post birth with Ds then once daily for a second week after that with him bc my iron was so low and I fainted at the hospital the day after I gave birth.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #10
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
This is my first thought too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote