Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

(((Update))) on My MIL is driving me insane!!

- she just told my husband that I was being rude 3 years ago coz something I said. She said she was holding it in till now. She now demands an apology...

My take: I hate the he says, she says. Come talk to me directly if u don't like something I said and not 3 years later. Should have told me at that time!!!!!

I will apologize but let's do it next time I go there.... Planning to go on Xmas or thanksgiving. I just got so depressed listening to her nagging us and attacking us with all the negative things like: " oh? Your baby can't crawl yet? He should have started crawling already."
"You guys don't know how to feed a baby." (When my EBF baby decided to skip bottles and go straight to sippy cups.)
" how could you guys be busy with only one baby? I raised 3 by myself." ( we are new parents. Just learning bit by bit everyday.)
" You are not going to sleep much once he starts teething." ( right after I told her that my baby sleeps 7-8 hours straight at night since 2.5 month old.)

((((Update))) :my MIL continue to pick on the things she doesn't like about me. My hubby told her to stop driving me away and stop holding onto grudges. My MIL responded by cussing at him and announced that he is no longer her son. She stated, " if I die tomorrow, you guys are not welcomed to my funeral!" Then she hang my hubby up on the phone.

I expect someone in her age to act a bit more mature as to:
1) Talk about the problem with the person openly.
2) no cussing. Talk politely. Especially to her children
3) forget and forgive.... Why keep building hate on someone? Why hold grudges?
4) Be more accepting to criticism
5) no hanging up on someone. So impolite!

Vent over.... Thx for reading and now let the "she says, he says" go crazy on Facebook.

Advertisement

Last edited by kittenbaby77; 05-04-2013 at 03:15 AM.
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
NCMommy119
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: MIL vent!!!!!

LOL, better you than me. I would flat out refuse. Who holds something until 3 years later and THEN demands an apology? Pffft...
Old 04-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy119
LOL, better you than me. I would flat out refuse. Who holds something until 3 years later and THEN demands an apology? Pffft...
She said she was holding it in.. ( so I can marry his son? it happens a few months before my wedding) Now that we are married, she can let it out now? Lol no clue
Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
NCMommy119
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is it something that horrible that you wouldn't have married him if she said something? I don't know what you said, but it seems a little stretched if she really thought that
Old 04-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy119
Is it something that horrible that you wouldn't have married him if she said something? I don't know what you said, but it seems a little stretched if she really thought that
I don't want her last name or my hubbys last name) i got married without name change. ( myhubby has her last name. My MIL remarried like 3 times thou) she questioned my love towards my hubby. ( lol. we only dated 10 yrs before a wedding). She doesn't like how I didn't care about a wedding. Oh well... Long story short, now that my baby is born, she has been very negative. All in all we don't get along so I don't like to go see her... Yet she still manage to see us every month or more often.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She sounds like a pouty little girl.
It is your husband's duty to speak up to her and tell her that she needs to keep going forward because 3yrs ago is seriously longer than last week and a bit SICK if you ask me.
It is also HIS duty to stand up for his wife AND tell his mother what the latest Tim she can visit at is. If she goes to bed at 7, Grandma can come for supper and then you disappear at 6:30 to bathe and nurse. Turn the ringer off as well.
If he fails, do it yourself but be kind. "We love having you over and thank you for your visit. 6:30 is when we prepare for bedtime so you will have to excuse us."
Then disappear. There is no room for misunderstanding.

I wouldn't apologize either. She needs to put her big girl pants on.
However, if it will shut her up and help her to join the real world today, just say I'm sorry I offended you 3yrs ago and leave it there.
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely
It is your husband's duty to speak up to her and tell her that she needs to keep going forward because 3yrs ago is seriously longer than last week and a bit SICK if you ask me.
It is also HIS duty to stand up for his wife AND tell his mother what the latest Tim she can visit at is. If she goes to bed at 7, Grandma can come for supper and then you disappear at 6:30 to bathe and nurse. Turn the ringer off as well.
If he fails, do it yourself but be kind. "We love having you over and thank you for your visit. 6:30 is when we prepare for bedtime so you will have to excuse us."

However, if it will shut her up and help her to join the real world today, just say I'm sorry I offended you 3yrs ago and leave it there.
I like that " I am sorry I offended you 3 yrs ago"!! Will use that line lol

It's hard coz she would go wake my baby up if she was here and my baby is sleeping. Lol she does daycare. What do I know about kids or babies as first time parents, right? Uh....

Thx for the suggestion!!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Sorry. MILs can be frustrating sometimes. :/

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt
Sorry. MILs can be frustrating sometimes. :/
Yes indeed all the time now lol
Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
NCMommy119
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely View Post

I agree that DH should stand up for his wife too. I mean, I know it's his Mom, but if he was alright with the name thing then what does she really have to do with anything? Still don't think you should apologize