Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: MIL vent!!!!!

I am confused,she wants you to apologize for not liking her last name? If that is the case then that should be easy enough,I would just say I am sorry you have an ugly last name. Maybe you could suggest she take your last name so you will all have matching non ugly last names.

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: MIL vent!!!!!

I had in-law issues. We were going to buy my in-law's house with them living in an in-law apartment. After three years of that I got sick of my crazy father in-law and stood up to him. That didn't go over too well and my mil was upset with me for it. I basically told her that she was as crazy as my fil and stopped speaking to her and him. I love not talking to them! My husband can bring the kids to see them whenever he wants (which is once every three weeks because he can't stand them) but I never go over. I saw them on Easter and my crazy mil acted as if nothing happened so I tried to avoid her as much as possible and my fil I outright ignored as if he didn't exist. I also no longer get dub chain letter emails from my mil which is an added bonus.

I don't have time for crazies, especially ones who aren't even my actual parents. I'd tell your mil to go fly a kite and have your husband deal with his crazy mom from now on. I
Old 04-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #13
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Ummm she'd be getting the Heismann from me if she "tried to go wake the baby".

Don't answer the door? I don't respond well to "demands" even from the little people I like and birthed so she wouldn't last long around me

my droid RAZR HD is responsible for the contents of this post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #14
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Just because I'm weird and think this way: Does your DS have the same last name as MIL and DH, or yours? If he has the same as them, I would bite the bullet and apologize. She sounds like the type that would tell a child their mother hates their name or something equally as crappy.

If DS doesn't have their name, I'd tell her to grow up. You can't help what you like and don't like. It hasn't changed, you still don't like it. She likes it, she lives with it. You hate it, you don't live with it. Such is life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I've considered looking into how difficult would it be to change mine back to my maiden name, because my MIL is a crazy you-know-what and I hate that people might see the name and assume I'm as bad as her. It's a small town and it bugs me that the pharmacist might get me confused for a pill popping loon.

I feel your pain on the annoying MIL whose panties are easy to bunch.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh
Just because I'm weird and think this way: Does your DS have the same last name as MIL and DH, or yours? If he has the same as them, I would bite the bullet and apologize. She sounds like the type that would tell a child their mother hates their name or something equally as crappy.

If DS doesn't have their name, I'd tell her to grow up. You can't help what you like and don't like. It hasn't changed, you still don't like it. She likes it, she lives with it. You hate it, you don't live with it. Such is life.

Yup I let my baby follow my hubby's last name which is part of her last name or maiden name.( she remarried so she got a new last name to add onto her own). I don't hate my hubby's last name. I told my MIL that I just don't think it's fair for the women to change name but not the man. It's not my MILs problem that I don't take on their last name. It's only a problem between my hubby and I. She used that to gauge how much I love and devote to her son.

Yup! She keeps telling me that my son will become a monster when he grows up. ( like really? My lo is 5 months old!)

I won't let her babysit... Such thing is scaring me lol.
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #17
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma
Ummm she'd be getting the Heismann from me if she "tried to go wake the baby".

Don't answer the door? I don't respond well to "demands" even from the little people I like and birthed so she wouldn't last long around me

my droid RAZR HD is responsible for the contents of this post
I wish I could just pretend sleeping and not to answer the door
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #18
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory
I've considered looking into how difficult would it be to change mine back to my maiden name, because my MIL is a crazy you-know-what and I hate that people might see the name and assume I'm as bad as her. It's a small town and it bugs me that the pharmacist might get me confused for a pill popping loon.

*hugs back* yes! I am trying my best to avoid seeing or communicating with her. She stresses me out....
Old 04-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post

Make a list of everything you have ever put your name on. You have to change all of that.

It's why I'm still ex husband's last name 5yrs post-divorce.

Last edited by Hillargh; 04-26-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #20
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenbaby77 View Post

Yup I let my baby follow my hubby's last name which is part of her last name or maiden name.( she remarried so she got a new last name to add onto her own). I don't hate my hubby's last name. I told my MIL that I just don't think it's fair for the women to change name but not the man. It's not my MILs problem that I don't take on their last name. It's only a problem between my hubby and I. She used that to gauge how much I love and devote to her son.

Yup! She keeps telling me that my son will become a monster when he grows up. ( like really? My lo is 5 months old!)

I won't let her babysit... Such thing is scaring me lol.
Wtf why would he be a monster?