Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #21
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: MIL vent!!!!!

It will take time but stand your ground. My oldest is now 3 1/2. My MIL has learned that if she pisses me off, she doesn't see the kids.

If she wants to see them then she can come here.

Good luck with yours.

As for me, I doubt we will ever get over our past issues. (they pretty much told DH flat out that I was the devil working on him & that it was a bad idea to go with me.....when he & I already knew we were getting married!)

Advertisement

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh

Make a list of everything you have ever put your name on. You have to change all of that.

It's why I'm still ex husband's last name 5yrs post-divorce.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Yeah, I don't like the trouble of changing my phone number everywhere, so I likely wouldn't do it.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Wtf why would he be a monster?

Apparently she named the kids that she took care of under the name of "Nathan" are all bad kids... ( She has a day care business) My lo name is Nathan Kyle so she keeps telling me that my son will be just like them ..

Last edited by kittenbaby77; 04-26-2013 at 09:57 PM.
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie
It will take time but stand your ground. My oldest is now 3 1/2. My MIL has learned that if she pisses me off, she doesn't see the kids.

If she wants to see them then she can come here.

Good luck with yours.

As for me, I doubt we will ever get over our past issues. (they pretty much told DH flat out that I was the devil working on him & that it was a bad idea to go with me.....when he & I already knew we were getting married!)
Good to know u r able to stay away from your in law. I am trying my hardest to be firm too. My hubby told her that the reason why we don't go visit often is coz she was being negative towards us and my lo. We didn't like the negativity. That's when she pulled that " your wife needs to apologize what she said 3 years ago" thingie lol
Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #25
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I almost think we have the same mil. Except mine is all butthurt that I DID change my name to DH's. "Hispanic women don't change their names and your son should have his mothers name too rara blah blah sexism I kick puppies, etc." I am not Hispanic (another rude thing I personally inflict on her), tough cookies.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #26
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM
I almost think we have the same mil. Except mine is all butthurt that I DID change my name to DH's. "Hispanic women don't change their names and your son should have his mothers name too rara blah blah sexism I kick puppies, etc." I am not Hispanic (another rude thing I personally inflict on her), tough cookies.
Ya my MIL is Hispanic. My hubby is half white. I am Asian but I stand my ground. Not easy i have to say. I feel ya. U sure we aren't talking about the same MIL? Lol
Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #27
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenbaby77 View Post

Apparently she named the kids that she took care of under the name of "Nathan" are all bad kids... ( She has a day care business) My lo name is Nathan Kyle so she keeps telling me that my son will be just like them ..
She's an idiot. Not that you need help breaking her moronic stereotype, but DS2's older brother is named Nathan. He's the sweetest, most mellow child. Very kind and tenderhearted.

Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #28
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

She's an idiot. Not that you need help breaking her moronic stereotype, but DS2's older brother is named Nathan. He's the sweetest, most mellow child. Very kind and tenderhearted.

I know... And thx! i am sure mine will become a sweet boy too. he already is nice.

listening to her nagging about the negative things Is making me sad so I stay away from her as much as possible.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #29
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenbaby77 View Post

I know... And thx! i am sure mine will become a sweet boy too. he already is nice.

listening to her nagging about the negative things Is making me sad so I stay away from her as much as possible.
What's her first name? I might conveniently "forget" it and rant on and on about how all (her first name)'s are negative, judgmental, stubborn, rude, etc.

Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:39 AM   #30
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

What's her first name? I might conveniently "forget" it and rant on and on about how all (her first name)'s are negative, judgmental, stubborn, rude, etc.

Lol this just made my day!!!!! I wish I thought of this earlier! Her name is Martha. Too bad, I only know one Martha in my life but I can't generalize like she does lol.