Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
Mommamassey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Telling family and friends the big news

Well I am trying to find a fun way to tell family and friends that baby is coming at Christmas time. I am due on the 27th. This is baby #4 for us. Well most of our family will be excited about the news there are some that don't share the same outlook on life as we do. To bad for them. any way if you have any ideas I love to hear them. Thanks

Advertisement

Tiffany, Married to DH Bob in May of 2006 , Lucky SAHM to Carter October 2006, Genevieve July 2008, & Mallory May 2011, ^^Corban December 2, 2013^^ I miss you sweet angel boy. April 19 is CDH awareness day.

We are a CDing, BFing, Fun loving family.
Mommamassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Manderzthegr8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Telling family and friends the big news

I've been brainstorming but not sure what we will do.
Probably the boring old 'Big Sister' Shirt on DD... hahaha

can't wait to hear other ideas!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

I posted this on the "do you tell" thread. We are going to Florida next week. I'm going to take Santa hats and take the kids picture holding a card that says "#4 due 12-18-13 and then make Christmas cards that say "sending these early as we'll be pretty busy this Christmas! Love, Shane, Shannon, Grace, Graham, and Baby H.

I am going to mail these after our next Dr. apt (and we hear the heartbeat) to our parents, sister, and close friends. I think that will be a fun way to tell them!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My mom knows I'm pregnant, but she's one of those wet towel, "It's still awfully early, I'm not gonna get too excited yet" people . I haven't told her it's twins. I was thinking of doing that on Mother's Day (I'll be 10.5wks), but I can't really think of a way to do it that's cute & not awkward.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Mommamassey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace
I posted this on the "do you tell" thread. We are going to Florida next week. I'm going to take Santa hats and take the kids picture holding a card that says "#4 due 12-18-13 and then make Christmas cards that say "sending these early as we'll be pretty busy this Christmas! Love, Shane, Shannon, Grace, Graham, and Baby H.

I am going to mail these after our next Dr. apt (and we hear the heartbeat) to our parents, sister, and close friends. I think that will be a fun way to tell them!
This is a great idea. Love it.
Tiffany, Married to DH Bob in May of 2006 , Lucky SAHM to Carter October 2006, Genevieve July 2008, & Mallory May 2011, ^^Corban December 2, 2013^^ I miss you sweet angel boy. April 19 is CDH awareness day.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
Mommamassey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderzthegr8
I've been brainstorming but not sure what we will do.
Probably the boring old 'Big Sister' Shirt on DD... hahaha

can't wait to hear other ideas!
We did that for baby #3 we had found out that we where expecting 2weeks before we left for a vacation to Colorado for a friends wedding. So we got big brother and sister shirts and took a pic of them wearing them at every place and hike we did. Then when we got home I put together a slide show of our trip and randomly mixed them in the show then at the end it stop on a pic of the kids with there hands in the air and there shirts on. The family said that they loved finding out that way.

Last edited by Mommamassey; 04-28-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we are going to send out christmas cards in june and sign them from the baby...they will be invitations to our house for the holidays...im only sending them to family and maybe a few friends. im surprised ive kept this secret this long, honestly. lol.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
lisali
Registered Users

My Mood:

The best idea is to make it as simple and intimate as possible. What about planning a dinner at your house? You can invite your family and some close friends. Cook a humble and classy meal and just tell them the great news about your baby. They would be very excited.

Last edited by lisali; 10-26-2013 at 07:05 AM.
lisali is offline   Reply With Quote