Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

use up quart of yogurt

Long story short, I made yogurt a few weeks ago and both quarts (including the one no one had stuck a spoon in!) are threatening to go bad (I spooned off pink spots this morning--the yogurt itself is fine). So I'll keep using the one carton over granola for breakfast, but how can I use up the other quart? Muffins? I could make a bunch and freeze them?

Advertisement

Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: use up quart of yogurt

Frozen yogurt, smoothies, yogurt popsicles, yogurt bread, use in place of sour cream.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandk View Post
Frozen yogurt, smoothies, yogurt popsicles, yogurt bread, use in place of sour cream.
Thank you! No ice cream maker or popsicle molds here. Can I freeze smoothie-size portions of yogurt? Maybe in muffin tins?
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Dahlia64
Banned

Re: use up quart of yogurt

I saw a recipe yesterday on pinterest for yogurt blueberry cookies! YUM! I also make pizza dough with yogurt..(just 1 cup of yogurt and 1 cup of self risign flur and it makes a very good size pizza..prolly enough for 2 people anyways. Just mix it up good and roll it out..dont go into a circle or anything but more of an oval. Very good!
Dahlia64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes, you can freeze yogurt, either the whole batch or small portions. It will not be as smooth after freezing but works just fine for smoothies and cooking.

We keep 2 quarts frozen and one in the fridge so we don't run out.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia64 View Post
I also make pizza dough with yogurt..(just 1 cup of yogurt and 1 cup of self risign flur and it makes a very good size pizza..prolly enough for 2 people anyways. Just mix it up good and roll it out..dont go into a circle or anything but more of an oval. Very good!
Thank you!!! We are now having pizza for dinner. We have leftover marinara in the fridge and I just took a block of mozzarella out of the freezer. We have mushrooms I can saute. I love "free" meals that use stuff up.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
Yes, you can freeze yogurt, either the whole batch or small portions. It will not be as smooth after freezing but works just fine for smoothies and cooking.
Thank you. I think I'll freeze what's left after dinner in smoothie-size portions.