Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #11
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: When did you start getting baby stuff out?

Around 20 weeks with my first, but we moved when I was 36 weeks so I had to do it all over again at that point.

Sometime after 37 weeks with my second, although I had pulled out the diapers to take inventory before that.

I'm almost 25 weeks with my third and we sorted through most of the baby stuff last weekend, but everything we decided to keep is all put back away for now.

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
Erinne
Registered Users

Um... as soon as the second pink line showed up . After dd, I saved some of my favorites, but we've moved a couple of times and we knew we didn't want our kids super close in age, so we got rid of a lot too. I pulled the boxes in from the garage and sorted all the clothes by size so I'd know what I was going to need more of (apparently I saved lots of nb-6mo clothes but not much 6-12, and the opposite on diapers). I'm a total cheapskate, so I wanted plenty of time to slowly bargain shop for what I will need to re-buy.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #13
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I already brought the tub of newborn clothes down and I'm only 9 weeks. My excuse is that my maternity clothes were in it Though I haven't gone through it yet I will on the early side... because I can. The other stuff I will wait, for room issues if nothing else.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #14
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got my oldest's stuff out like the week after we found out he was a boy. I was so excited and couldn't wait. DD was around 34 weeks. They had to share a room so I wanted to let DS have his boy stuff to himself as long as possible. This time around, I have no idea. We are putting our house up for sale in a week or 2 so we don't even know if we'll be living here when baby comes. If we are still in this house I won't be setting up much, just a pack n' play in our room and a diaper station. Hoping we are moved and settled somewhere before baby comes though so I can have everything ready, I love getting everything set up.
Solomon's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

We didn't buy anything until after the first trimester for either boy, didn't want to jinkx it.

For #1 we had a whole room to redo, it was total wallpaper from the original owners, so we started at around 6 or 7 mo stripping and painting, new baseboards, etc. It was basically done around 8 mo and totally furnished, clothes washed and put away, etc.

For DS2 I sorted and kept/sold/donated clothing the sumer we started TTC so that was dealt with. DS2 moved to his new, bigger, room when I had almost 5 mo to go, so he would be well adjusted by the time baby was here. Everything from his babyhood just stayed so it was set up well in advance. He slept in the crib till he was over 2 and never climbed out, but had been sleeping in a toddler bed for awhile by then.

I put baby clothes away as soon as DS1 had moved out and had his new dresser. and when we found out baby was a boy, which was just before DS1 moved to the new room.

The swing was assembled but stayed in the baby room till we came home, same for the bouncer. DH assembled the double stroller after birth as well.

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 05-01-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #16
kanga1622
Registered Users

I am 32 weeks and have had to get baby stuff from scratch since we got rid of everything after DS. We bought the car seat in January when I found a great sale. Everything else is just starting to get picked out now. We bought a pump about 3 weeks ago (again on a great sale) and now that garage sale season has started we are buying/washing/organizing baby clothes as they come in.

The larger things are still in our garage as they won't be needed as early but will probably get cleaned up and put in the laundry room until we do need them. I'd guess we'll have everything totally ready to go by 36 weeks. I'm a huge planner and it stresses me to have things waiting to be completed. Plus, I like to organize and still have a few of DS's things to move out of the nursery so we have room for baby things.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #17
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OP how many weeks are you?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #18
Owiesmama775
Do not B/S/T until further notice

My Mood:

I am only 5 weeks with #2 and i didnt keep anything accept the crib(no mattress) because i thought it would be awhile before we had another kid, we were surprised a year early then planned, but no big deal! The crib we have is like new and not a drop side. I need everything else. I do have some cloth diapers that i received for free and a few clothes. Ill start buying after my 1st ultrasound( i cant help it ) then ill wait until after gender reveal to buy anymore clothes,etc. currently looking for breast pump and things like that.
Owiesmama775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #19
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nothing done yet at 26 weeks, poor girl doesn't even have any clothes yet. She does have plenty of diapers though!
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #20
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy
Nothing done yet at 26 weeks, poor girl doesn't even have any clothes yet. She does have plenty of diapers though!
And what else could she need in August?? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote