Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Two kids in a full size bed

Joey is still in the crib with the toddler rail modification. He's 2.5. He shares a room with his brother who is 5.5 who sleeps in a twin size bed.

The plan is to eventually get a set of bunk beds for these guys but I don't want to send my 5 year old off to the top bunk just yet; he still needs his snuggle time.

I don't want Joey to feel like the new baby is stealing his bed so my plan was to take down the crib now, before the baby comes and move Joey and Gustavo to a full size bed. (I have a full size bed in the spare bedroom so this is also economical.) The baby will spend the first 3 months in a little bassinet and then when he's too big for it I'll put the crib back up and stick him in it.

So this isn't a forever sleeping situation. I mean they'll each have their own beds eventually.... am I nuts?

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Two kids in a full size bed

My 9yo ds has a full in his room and my 3 yo ds has a twin in his own room. They end up sleeping together in the full 90 percent of the time. For some reason they both sleep better that way. I think it's fine for them to share, especially if they sleep better. Soon enough my oldest won't want his little brother in the room, so I am enjoying this time that he isn't "too cool" for his little brother.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Sugar&SpiceX3
Registered Users
seller

My girls slept in a full bed together by choice until we moved. My DD2 had a bed but she never slept in it so I sold it. They loved it and now that we bought bunk beds for them the little always end up with her sister and we have to move her nightly back to her bed. Oh and they are 10 and 3. I know my oldest will soon get tired of sharing her room even though they begged to share. When that time comes I will move youngest in with middle and oldest will have her own. Or the guest bedroom will go to my oldest. So obviously I have no qualms about it. Only thing I can see that might be a problem is them playing and staying up because of it.
Sugar&SpiceX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 2 yo and 4yo share a full bed. They love it! They can fit either toe to toe or right next to each other. They prefer snuggled up right next to each other. Sometimes the 5yo decides to sleep with them too. I say go for it!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought my boys who were 6 and 8 at the time bunk beds and they both ended up sleeping in the full size bottom bunk the top became toy storage.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

I'm thinking when we finally get it together enough to purchase bunk beds I'll probably go for a set with a full size bottom bunk, just in case they're not ready to split up yet, or if my new little guy is then old enough and wants to smush in with his brothers.

Thanks for the reassurance! I'm never sure if I'm some crazy person or just sensible!
I guess we'll see next weekend how much sleeping they do!