Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #21
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to tell you guys that my Dad actually did this to one of my sister's boyfriends. She was only 16 maybe 17 and I think he was 20. She went to the bathroom, my dad stood up, walked over to the wall, took his shotgun down from its mount, and cocked it. Looked at her boyfriend and then put it back on the wall. Never said a word. I gotta say, I thought it was hilarious.

Advertisement

MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 AM   #22
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
It's ridiculous to me. I just laugh it off, because honestly... (As horrible as this may sound) Your daughter is not that irresistible. For that matter, neither is my son. I know we all think our kids are the bee's knees and all that, but let's be honest here. Besides, IME the ones they bring home aren't the ones to worry about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 04-29-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Re: The "Dad met the boyfriend with a shotgun" thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLump View Post
I just wanted to tell you guys that my Dad actually did this to one of my sister's boyfriends. She was only 16 maybe 17 and I think he was 20. She went to the bathroom, my dad stood up, walked over to the wall, took his shotgun down from its mount, and cocked it. Looked at her boyfriend and then put it back on the wall. Never said a word. I gotta say, I thought it was hilarious.
. My husband would be like "you know how to shoot a gun? Well just know that I do" while he cleans his gun in front of said date (boy or girl). It is all in good humour though in our house.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes that annoys me! I hate that the boys are the enemy from the beginning. Maybe if we showed respect to boys that they wouldn't be this way, and I'm sorry, but girls are NOT always little angels. I have 2 sons and a daughter, I will raise them to respect themselves and others, I will raise them properly. There will be no need to meet my sons at the door with a shotgun when they are of dating age. Sheesh.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #25
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

So I asked DH about this and here was his response as a former teenage boy and now father: Not that girls can't be "bad" too, because they can, but generally speaking, teenage boys hormones are going crazy and they just want to get laid. I would have said almost anything to a girl to get laid, and I was one of the "good kids".

He said for the perspective of one of the "bad kids" I should talk to his close friend of 15 years, who DID say anything to get laid and had quite a bit of success at it....

He says dads do that because they remember what its like to be teenage boys, and moms always jump in and say girls can be rotten too, because they remember what its like to be teenage girls.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #26
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think people see boys as the enemy. For each "shotgun" comment, there is an equal and opposite "she's gonna be a heartbreaker" comment. I don't think a pretty girl is necessarily careless about people's feelings just because she's pretty; I think people just want a snappy way to pay a compliment.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #27
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

It doesn't bother me at all.

I don't think it's anything at all against boys.

I think it's more about "THAT" boy that's only out for one thing... and in THAT case, Daddy better have a shotgun. Obviously they are not all "THAT* boy. But if you have a pretty, intelligent, sweet little girl, those sweet innocent girls seem to be jerk-magnets. So, in that case, "Daddy better have a shotgun" ...

No one is saying they will shoot all prospective mates, or that they want to hurt or scare all boyfriends... more of a "scare off the scum" type of thing. IMO, anyway.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #28
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So I asked DH about this and here was his response as a former teenage boy and now father: Not that girls can't be "bad" too, because they can, but generally speaking, teenage boys hormones are going crazy and they just want to get laid. I would have said almost anything to a girl to get laid, and I was one of the "good kids".

He said for the perspective of one of the "bad kids" I should talk to his close friend of 15 years, who DID say anything to get laid and had quite a bit of success at it....

He says dads do that because they remember what its like to be teenage boys, and moms always jump in and say girls can be rotten too, because they remember what its like to be teenage girls.
I would say he was an average kid in general. I don't dig the good/bad thing, because you can be sexually active and healthy (relationship-wise), and be sexually inactive and unhealthy.

But I know many boys now and previously that are virgins in their mid-twenties. Some by choice, some are socially awkward. And one in particular is the most conniving, manipulative, emotion crusher ever. Sex doesn't = bad. Maturity, responsibility, respect, all aspects of the relationship play a role.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 04-29-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #29
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
. My husband would be like "you know how to shoot a gun? Well just know that I do" while he cleans his gun in front of said date (boy or girl). It is all in good humour though in our house.
Honestly I think the whole thing is in fun & very few people would actually take it seriously. I don't see this as being something to get up in arms about, it's more of a figure of speech than anything.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #30
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Honestly I think the whole thing is in fun & very few people would actually take it seriously. I don't see this as being something to get up in arms about, it's more of a figure of speech than anything.
Yep.

I'm getting a shotgun before DD1 turns...umm 13. rofl Too many girls to protect Maybe an assault rifle and ninja stars.