Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #31
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post

I would say he was an average kid in general. I don't dig the good/bad thing, because you can be sexually active and healthy (relationship-wise), and be sexually inactive and unhealthy.

But I know many boys now and previously that are virgins in their mid-twenties. Some by choice, some are socially awkward. And one in particular is the most conniving, manipulative, emotion crusher ever. Sex doesn't = bad. Maturity, responsibility, respect, all aspects of the relationship play a role.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
I agree, hence the quotes. It's just one of those stereotypes that's true enough for people to feel its always true (that teenage boys only want 1 thing, that is). I just think lots of dads remember those crazy hormone driven days and get a little over protective of their baby girls

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #32
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The "Dad met the boyfriend with a shotgun" thing...

I guess to me the whole "shotgun and shovel" jokes (that's what I heard growing up) are kind of gross. I mean it's basically making a joke about violence and death because teenage boys may be horny. And scare off the scum? So horny teenage boys are scum now? Many girls are just as hormone driven as boys and having sex as a teen doesn't make you a bad kid.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #33
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just a figure of speech the way I see it.

....and any teen boy trying to have sex with my teen girl does = bad IMO.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #34
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It is just a saying that goes along with Daddy's little girl/angel.

Personally I think the parents should be checking any kid out that their child is or wants to date.
I was raised with good morals, way to sheltered and picked horrible guys. My parents never said much. The most they did was do you want to call it off about my wedding. Never said anything specific as to why. I wish they had now. Would I have changed my mind who knows. I honestly really didn't want to marry and felt pressure. Had I had a good out I may have taken it. I was 19, not pregnant. My HS picks were horrible to. Just was a bad time and I felt lost in this world. Good morals and ideas of a good mate mean nothing in the real world. My HS boyfriend the main one seemed awesome. Good Christian boy supposedly. Turned out he was a controlling abusive jerk that will not let you get away easily. I got beat and raped cause I ended.

Alisha sent using my Samsung Galaxy II that thinks it is smarter then me.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #35
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
It's ridiculous to me. I just laugh it off, because honestly... (As horrible as this may sound) Your daughter is not that irresistible. For that matter, neither is my son. I know we all think our kids are the bee's knees and all that, but let's be honest here. Besides, IME the ones they bring home aren't the ones to worry about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
I agree.