Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many books per day?

Technically I'd say 2-3, one before nap and 1-2 before bed, but it's almost always the same book, so does that count? We go to the library once a week and whatever book(s) they pick out are the ones we read over. and over. and over. until the following week when we pick out a new one to run into the ground.

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #12
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

We average around 5 or so. DS1 LOVES to sit and listen to me read. He would honestly do it all day. Give the boy a pile of books to look at and you will not hear a peep from him all day. We buy A LOT of books because I get tired of reading the same ones over and over again.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 AM   #13
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Different books? Probably an average of 5. However, when you count "Read it again" it is closer to 15-20, and he's in daycare during the day and I know they do a good bit of reading there too. Weekends when we are home it is more. Yesterday was a pretty reading intense day. We checked out an 80 page Curious George book from the library and we read it 5 times. (Among many others) DH was like, "Worst library choice ever!!!" Kidding of course. DS is a couple weeks away from his 2nd birthday and is a bookworm!
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #14
cbreeding
Registered Users

Probably average 6 a day. Some days more and some days less. Bedtime is the only consistent time we read, which is 3 books.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

It really varies and we read long stories. Usually it's 2 and a devotion each day but then she has books with her homeschool "curriculum" (Sonlight) so some days she wants to just keep reading more and more. We'll end up reading 12 or more long stories in one sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

So far today we've read 3, and will probably get another 2-3 in by bedtime. I think my daily "goal" will be 6+, since most of ours are short (lots of board books), but I won't stress if we fall short. Thanks everyone for the input!
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
Belbaby3728
Banned

I wish my dd was more into books. She is 16 months and never sits still unless asleep. She much prefers to eat the binders on her books than have me read them
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbaby3728 View Post
I wish my dd was more into books. She is 16 months and never sits still unless asleep. She much prefers to eat the binders on her books than have me read them
It will change, don't worry! My daughter was the same way. Now at 27 months, she wants me to read to her all the time! We have stacks of books. She will keep handing me books, until she has a nice little stack, and then cuddle in my arm, while we go through them. Some are board books, some are longer books, some are even older kid books (like a book of dog breeds that I knew she would love.) She likes going through all of the pictures with me, and I tell her what each breed is. I would say we probably average 8 books at a time, sometimes more, sometimes less. We do this 3-4 times a day, most days, probably 15-20 mins at a time. No real routine to it.
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do a lot. Probably 20 or so in the winter and 10 or so in the summer. I love reading and the boys have gotten that love from me. We have a ton of books, I allow the boys to pick out a book each time we go shopping (I get bored with the same books over and over, so this helps). We have started reading chapter books with the older one now.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #20
Delicate Baby Woolies
Registered Users
Formerly: Fimigal
seller

My Mood:

My toddler enjoys it when I read to him. I try to be as animated as possible, and read at least 6 books per day.
Delicate Baby Woolies is offline   Reply With Quote