Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #181
amykins
Registered Users
seller

Re: August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 29-May 5

Vanessa- I just want to be done with all the snow clothes! However, we did need our heavy coats on Wednesday, but I think the snow pants are safe to put away.

Trying to list something on the Facebook babywearing swap- anyone have any experience with it? This is my second time and it drives me crazy ...although things do seem to sell quicker there. Hopefully.

Advertisement

amykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #182
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer- Yeah- if our street was closer to main roads I prob wouldn't let them go out front but being in such a small town there are few areas that are over 30 in town anyway. I rarely see anyone driving that fast down our street though. I know my family thinks I'm nutso for planning so early. I figure it gives me time to change my mind and tweek things if need be. Yay for a raise!! I need to get my grocery/meal plan ready for Sunday.

Amy- I know!!! lol Ea kid has their heavy jacket out still, but the mittens and hats are packed up, and I think we might be in the clear now. FX though!! I've not done the babywearing group but I have bought diapers from the FB group with no problems, but I've not listed anything.

Ok monoply with a 4 and 6yo is tough. lol and they were up way late!! Normally our kids all go to bed at 8pm every night of the week. They are all up by 7ish no matter what. So I am hoping they stay in bed later so I can sleep in tomorrow. Guess I should head upstairs myself. Night!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #183
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies! Just thought I'd check in. Congrats and welcome, Amy!

I'm feeling pretty tired and groggy this morning, even though I got more sleep than usual last night. I accidentally fell asleep when putting my son to bed around 8:30-9 last night, and got up around 7 this morning. I didn't sleep the entire night through, but still got more than I normally do.

Yesterday I went to a newly opened baby boutique that sells used items and scored some small deals. Most notably, a My Breast Friend nursing pillow for $10, which I've heard is much better than the Boppy. I actually have a Boppy knock-off from Walmart and don't have experience with the real thing, but knew hubby wouldn't be thrilled about buying another nursing pillow when I already have one.

I hit 27 weeks a couple days ago, 3rd trimester according to some sources. My next appointment is scheduled for Monday, along with my glucose test.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #184
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
I asked about that earlier, and my understanding is that you measure the needles, and subtract that from the total you need, and the remaining is what the cable needs to be. So if the needles ea measure 3", that's 6" and you'd need a 10" cable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!!
Yeah....you measure circs from the tip of one needle to the tip of the other. So if you are using interchangeable needles, measure the needles (both) then subtract that from the total you need in order to find out the length of the cable that you need. That's the way I understand how it would work with interchangeable needles. I personally have never found a set that I really liked...
Old 05-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #185
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

24 wks. today! Isn't this the viability magic number or something? Jennifer....I think I remember you posting something about how 24 wks was some kind of milestone.

Anyway, we've been busy doing odd and in jobs around the house this morning. DH dug a huge ditch to bury some pipe across the yard. He laid the pipe down on Thursday night, so my dad came over this morning to cover it all up with his tractor. Took the kids out to watch and ride the tractor with him, but it's sooooo out! It feels like November....not May!!! Right now it's 61, cloudy, wind blowing, with showers all around us. Sooooo not like the typical weather we have in May!!!! We also had my BIL's dad come over (he's going to help DH install the windows that are to come in this Friday) and look at what needs to be done. I'm so happy that some things are moving in the right direction to get some of the things done on this house.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #186
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Jennifer- Yeah- if our street was closer to main roads I prob wouldn't let them go out front but being in such a small town there are few areas that are over 30 in town anyway. I rarely see anyone driving that fast down our street though. I know my family thinks I'm nutso for planning so early. I figure it gives me time to change my mind and tweek things if need be. Yay for a raise!! I need to get my grocery/meal plan ready for Sunday.

Ok monoply with a 4 and 6yo is tough. lol and they were up way late!! Normally our kids all go to bed at 8pm every night of the week. They are all up by 7ish no matter what. So I am hoping they stay in bed later so I can sleep in tomorrow. Guess I should head upstairs myself. Night!
- Yeah I think if I lived in a small town I would feel differently. Also my house would work with a fence in the front yard. It would look Norman Rockwell'ish. Good luck figuring out your meal plan for the week! I hope the kids let you sleep in today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
Morning ladies! Just thought I'd check in. Congrats and welcome, Amy!

I'm feeling pretty tired and groggy this morning, even though I got more sleep than usual last night. I accidentally fell asleep when putting my son to bed around 8:30-9 last night, and got up around 7 this morning. I didn't sleep the entire night through, but still got more than I normally do.

Yesterday I went to a newly opened baby boutique that sells used items and scored some small deals. Most notably, a My Breast Friend nursing pillow for $10, which I've heard is much better than the Boppy. I actually have a Boppy knock-off from Walmart and don't have experience with the real thing, but knew hubby wouldn't be thrilled about buying another nursing pillow when I already have one.

I hit 27 weeks a couple days ago, 3rd trimester according to some sources. My next appointment is scheduled for Monday, along with my glucose test.
for getting extra sleep! I have both the boppy (real thing) and My Breast friend. I liked them both for different reasons and I could really see the use for either of them. When DS came home from the hospital my Breast friend was great when I needed to get up when nursing (not something I recommend but does happen). The boppy can be great when they are learning to sit up. It is okay at nursing but not great.

Good luck with your appointment and GTT on monday! I hope you pass both with flying colors!

AFM - Not much happening today. I need to sit down with DH and figure out what we are eating for the week but that is it. He and DS have done school work (we are behind so DS has 6 day school right now... in September he will go back to 5 day a week school after the baby break) and are now outside doing yard work. I am exhausted and feel like taking a nap. Not sure why. I will probably resume sewing at some point today too.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #187
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
24 wks. today! Isn't this the viability magic number or something? Jennifer....I think I remember you posting something about how 24 wks was some kind of milestone.

Anyway, we've been busy doing odd and in jobs around the house this morning. DH dug a huge ditch to bury some pipe across the yard. He laid the pipe down on Thursday night, so my dad came over this morning to cover it all up with his tractor. Took the kids out to watch and ride the tractor with him, but it's sooooo out! It feels like November....not May!!! Right now it's 61, cloudy, wind blowing, with showers all around us. Sooooo not like the typical weather we have in May!!!! We also had my BIL's dad come over (he's going to help DH install the windows that are to come in this Friday) and look at what needs to be done. I'm so happy that some things are moving in the right direction to get some of the things done on this house.
24 weeks ALL hospitals have to take you seriously in this country should you have contractions. Prior to 24 weeks some can just say you are going to miscarry and not even try to save your baby. 24 weeks (confirmed) they take you seriously. So yes it is a mile stone!! This is my thought on milestones for baby in pregnancy. 1) HPT +, 2) Beta +, 3) Heartbeat seen and heard, 5) level 2 and all parts there, 6) 24 week viability, 7) 30 week - survival likely, 8) 36 weeks - term, 9) birth. Then we get into all the wonderful outside mama milestones. My favorite I think has to be the moving a toy from one hand to the other. It means that the baby's brain is wired correctly.

Congratulations on getting to viable!!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #188
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs
24 weeks ALL hospitals have to take you seriously in this country should you have contractions. Prior to 24 weeks some can just say you are going to miscarry and not even try to save your baby. 24 weeks (confirmed) they take you seriously. So yes it is a mile stone!! This is my thought on milestones for baby in pregnancy. 1) HPT +, 2) Beta +, 3) Heartbeat seen and heard, 5) level 2 and all parts there, 6) 24 week viability, 7) 30 week - survival likely, 8) 36 weeks - term, 9) birth. Then we get into all the wonderful outside mama milestones. My favorite I think has to be the moving a toy from one hand to the other. It means that the baby's brain is wired correctly.

Congratulations on getting to viable!!
Yes, and 24 weeks is viability, as Jennifer said above. Baby *could* make it if delivered at that point (frankly, odds still aren't in their favor, though). I had a friend deliver at 25 weeks and her baby made it almost a year. Sadly, she passed a little shy of a year and had many challenges. But some babies make it.

I <3 your milestones, too, Jennifer!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #189
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
Yeah....you measure circs from the tip of one needle to the tip of the other. So if you are using interchangeable needles, measure the needles (both) then subtract that from the total you need in order to find out the length of the cable that you need. That's the way I understand how it would work with interchangeable needles. I personally have never found a set that I really liked...
I am really, really, liking my Knitter's Pride Dreamz special set w/the 16" cables.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #190
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Yes, and 24 weeks is viability, as Jennifer said above. Baby *could* make it if delivered at that point (frankly, odds still aren't in their favor, though). I had a friend deliver at 25 weeks and her baby made it almost a year. Sadly, she passed a little shy of a year and had many challenges. But some babies make it.

I <3 your milestones, too, Jennifer!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I know a 23w 5d baby who lost his twin but is now 7 years old. It happens. My 3 that were born at 24w 0d didn't make it, but that is what it is. My daughter lived the longest at 5m 5d.

Oh and when I was in the NICU I heard about a 22 weeker that made it. So dates are arbitrary at best.