Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #11
Registered Users
Thank you for all the input, ladies! Alright, so hope is not lost then.

So nurse immediately, no pacifier, hopefully the lack of meds will help. I do have a manual pump, and doc gave the green light for delivery any time, so maybe I should start pumping now??

At what point will the intro of a pacifier be good, then? I honestly don't remember when my first two started.

Rebekah ~Wife to my love, Mama to my two littles, Stepmom to one beautiful young woman~
Forever in my heart; Luisa Grace and her tiny siblings.
"In your children, you've been handed a piece of history in advance - a gracious gift you send to a time you will not see." ~Tim Kimmel

Last edited by RebekahG77; 05-04-2013 at 10:58 PM.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: 5 days before milk with previous births.. Doomed to repeat?

i had a natural water birth with my lo. i also had a 3 day labor and mild haemorrhaging after birth. lo was fine but my milk didnt come in until day 4-5. i had to nurse pump and formula feed every two hours for 2 days (it took two days for us to realise my lo was starving!) i think my body was so taxed it didnt have alot left to make milk with.

if i had to do it over again, i would probably try and get as much sleep as possible and eat and drink.

the only thing that made my milk come in was to pump because lo was getting to weak to suck. i also had to use a supplemental nurser and over the last few days it was less and less. eventually i just used bottles of pumped milk to see how much he was getting. lo never got nipple confusion.
pround young SAHM to Owen 5-21-12 married to my soul mate bill
cassie.sattler is offline   Reply With Quote