Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
mkrisel
Registered Users

I never leaked anything before either baby. One was born 9 days late (and was in an incubator with lights for jaundice so could only nurse every 4 hours-I pumped in the hospital to get enough stimulation for my milk to come in) and with all this, I had more milk that was needed and nursed until she was 15 months without a single issue. Some women have a rough time, but others don't. I was never on pain, never used anything, never bled or had cracked nipples or any complications. Relax, I'm sure you'll be fine, and the nurses are wonderful and lactation consultants are wonderful of needed.

Advertisement

mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammiPanda View Post
These boobs aren't producing anything at all right now. I feel like they should, I'm 37weeks, I could have this baby any day.
Actually they are. You start producing colostrum at the end of the first trimester. Some women leak, and some don't, but it doesn't mean there is nothing there.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: This may be a silly question

I could never get anything out before baby was born either. With my first I had enough to milk to nurse twins at the very least. I wouldn't have been surprised if I had enough for triplets.

One night I was utterly exhasted and my daughter nursed only on one side. She was completely satisfied with the quantity and never needed the other side at all. Now come morning I really regretted not rolling over and letting her nurse the other side as I was extremely lopsided and in pain on one side. I grabbed baby and told my husband she was going to nurse like it or not.LOL Fortunately she had no objection, though did have a bit of dificulty latching on for a minute because of how full I was.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #14
SammiPanda
Registered Users

My Mood:

You ladies really make me feel better. Thank you so much for your support. I just need to relax. I just so want everything to go perfectly.
SammiPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #15
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I never leak before birth and never have any trouble producing enough, even with pumping and nipple shields.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
kiewi
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wondered the same thing up until my midwife told me to nurse. it's normal.;P
kiewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammiPanda View Post
You ladies really make me feel better. Thank you so much for your support. I just need to relax. I just so want everything to go perfectly.
Things rarely go perfectly. But stay positive that you can meet whatever challenges come up!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #18
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Ive never had milk while preggo or leaked nada. 37 weeks is still very early. If it your first you could easily go to 40 plus weeks so try and relax it will go fast once you deliver. I don't feel my milk come in either. I just notice it is more white and baby nurses a little less and they poop more often you may get really full and engorged or you may not. Either is ok and normal. Also if you have not kellymom.com is loaded with info so many questions are answered on that site.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #19
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the PP. 37 weeks is "full-term" according to the medical community, but your baby knows when to be born. Most first-time moms will go past 40 weeks, even to 41 weeks! So don't get nervous or anxious.
I never leaked at all, nor did I get contractions before labor at all. My first was born at 40 weeks in 5 hours and my second at 41 weeks in 2.5 hours. Both breastfed just fine with no supplementation, even despite jaundice, etc. It took 5 days for my milk to come in, and it hurt like crap for 2 weeks with both. All of that is NORMAL. Relax and enjoy the enjoyable and tolerate the painful, lol
Old 05-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
lindsaydud
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I second what the PP said...there's a very good chance you'll have weeks before LO arrives so try to relax! I was mentally prepared for labor (as my much as anyone can be) at 37 weeks but little H didn't arrive until 42 weeks exactly.

And like everyone said...just nurse anytime! The hospital recommended every 2-3 hours, but I found that my baby needed to eat more like every 1-2. I wish someone had told me...when in doubt, just nurse!

Also, be aware that a long, difficult labor or c-section can delay your milk coming in by an extra day or two.
lindsaydud is offline   Reply With Quote