Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dh may have mandatory jail time

Because a cop wrote the ticket wrong. His registration had expired and the cop told him all he had to do was get it renewed and it would be dropped. But I guess the cop circled the wrong thing or wrote the wrong number so DH is facing 2 weeks in jail. Not a HUGE deal except the date of the sentencing is June 4th... And we are due with our first on June 12... :/ really hoping the cop will fix his mistake. It would kill DH to miss our sons birth

Advertisement

alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No point to the post really. Just scared and needed to tell someone how worried I am. I have my strong "everything will be fine" face for DH. My life feels like its falling apart bit my bit lately.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wouldn't they be able to clear that up in court? What could the cop have possibly circled to turn a fix it ticket into jail time?
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRoll
Wouldn't they be able to clear that up in court? What could the cop have possibly circled to turn a fix it ticket into jail time?
I'm not sure exactly. I was there when he got pulled over and heard what the cop said but not there when he went in to traffic court with his registration proof. He said the cop can fix it but has to take the time to do so. The judge changed the date of his hearing to give the cop time to choose to change it.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If the cop chooses to leave it as is he will have to go to jail though. And that's what scares me. It's likely the cop will fix it but of not he will likely miss Ds' birth.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dh may have mandatory jail time

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
Because a cop wrote the ticket wrong. His registration had expired and the cop told him all he had to do was get it renewed and it would be dropped. But I guess the cop circled the wrong thing or wrote the wrong number so DH is facing 2 weeks in jail. Not a HUGE deal except the date of the sentencing is June 4th... And we are due with our first on June 12... :/ really hoping the cop will fix his mistake. It would kill DH to miss our sons birth
I hope that your DH is able to get it fixed. I don't really understand they could have marked on a moving violation that would result in mandatory jail time. I would have him contact a lawyer. Jail time means a record and I would want him to avoid that. I cannot imagine my DH being in jail for 2 weeks or 2 hours. It would be a huge deal to us.

Last edited by z2akids; 05-03-2013 at 11:13 PM.
z2akids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

I would contact my local public defenders office on Monday. Something seems fishy.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
I would contact my local public defenders office on Monday. Something seems fishy.
Yup! An attorney can get a delay of when he serves it to if worst case happens. Hugs!!

Sent using my Samsung Galaxy II that thinks it is smarter then me.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #9
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats
I agree! I am not sure what he could have picked instead that involved mandatory jail time.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #10
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Your DH doesn't have an outstanding warrant does he? Honestly, I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what the ticket could have said thay would have mandatory jail time without an opportunity fir a trial.